Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Most Popular Rental Destinations

Jan 12, 2018

We have Westin points we can't use this year and are thinking of booking a week somewhere popular and then listing it to rent. We're looking for the most popular locations and seasons to increase our chances of renting. Our options are Hawaii, Mexico, The Bahamas, Florida, Colorado and Palm Springs. We've looked at the rental listings here and see which ones have been rented but would love perspective from other owners before we finalize. Thanks!

Judith P.
Jan 12, 2018

The most popular ones are going to be the ones that book up by 12:02 AM exactly 8 months before check in (if they weren't already booked up by home week reservations). So if you have 2018 points - the most popular weeks January -August have already been booked and are no longer available. This would be whale season in Maui, and to a lesser extent Kauai, Summer and holiday winter weeks in Bahamas, Holiday ski weeks, Spring training weeks in Scottsdale/Pheonix- Westin more so than the Sheraton. There still might be summer weeks in Hawaii. Week 51 and 52 in Cancun and Bahamas are very popular but most weeks are booked before they become available for non home week staroption reservations. Those types of weeks are the most prime. If you want one of those you might need to bank your 2018 and start looking at exactly 8 months to reserve in 2019.

There probably are still decent weeks left for 2018 just not the MOST popular.

Technically Vistana prohibits renting out anything but your home week. They do allow you to purchase a guest certificate for a non home week but the rules are: "I acknowledge that the reservation is for personal use and not for rental or commercial purposes. In accordance with the Starwood Vacation Network Membership terms and conditions, rental of SVN reservations is prohibited. Violations of the SVEC Rules and Regulations may result in the suspension of an owner's right to reserve within SVN until compliant."

Many owners ignore this and do rent out SVN reservations. An SVN reservation is one that you make with Staroptions at 8 months or less vs your home resort week which you can reserve starting at 12 months.

Tracey S.
Jan 20, 2018

How do i get started renting out my timeshare. I have pointsnand /rci.

Jeanne B.
Jan 20, 2018

jeanneb171 wrote:
How do i get started renting out my timeshare. I have pointsnand /rci.

Please Contact Us or go to our Resources page for instructions and information on adding postings.

Thanks, Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jan 21, 2018

Hi, I have a week at Holiday Vacation Village at Orange Lake (week 51) Christmas. I am not using it for 2018 but I am lookingat possibility of renting points.

If you do rent your points - what is the cost and by when do I have to use them.

Thank you, Elizabeth

Elizabeth C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.