Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Garza Blanca - Considering Selling

Feb 20, 2018

Folks, I am considering selling a Garza Blanca timeshare that I purchased from the developer. Has anyone seen or heard of any history surrounding how well these sell (or not)?

David M.
Feb 21, 2018

The first rule when trying to sell is to never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. That is a scam.

Seeing that you purchased from the developer, the next thing to keep in mind that you will not get anywhere near what you paid for it so forget about any fantasies you might have about recovering that amount.

Next, are your maintenance fees up to date and the mortgage (or loan to purchase it) paid off. If not, you will have a very hard time (if not, impossible) finding someone who will want to buy or take it.

If you want to find "any history surrounding how well these sell (or not)", you can check out E-Bay's completed sales in that resort you mentioned. That will give you an idea of what units in that resort actually sold for. Remember to differentiate between completed sales and listing prices.

Lance C.
Feb 21, 2018

Great info - the primary mortgage is not paid off, however, I'm willing to make up the difference, as I'm thinking I have no choice. All other fees, taxes, maintenance, etc are all up to date. Thanks for the tip surrounding Ebay, I'll see what I can find there. Thanks again for the info.

David M.
Nov 06, 2019

David M. Did you end up selling your timeshare on Ebay? If so how was the process for you and what steps did you take in order to sell it? Thank you!

~Brad

Bradford J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.