General Discussion

A fee to get basic info on rental offers??

Jul 06, 2018

I am browsing without paying a fee - I even found a property I am interested in renting! BUT - there is no access to any pictures (how do I know the place is decent?) or no way to email the owner to ask about what additional fees there are (how do I know if I am even looking at the final cost, or what additional fees I need to consider)? To me it's ridiculous to charge a fee in order to get access to the basic info. Ok, if I decide to go with the process, I am happy to pay a "transaction fee" but I don't think I will pay a fee to just get basic info on offered rentals, especially considering I am a first-time user and really don't want to spend $19 for I don't know what, so I will explore other sites. And I take vacation once a year, so no, I will have no use of $19 for 12 months.

Ksenia C.

Last edited by kseniac3 on Jul 06, 2018 09:07 AM

Jul 06, 2018

The primary reason we require a membership before an individual can see the details of a posting or contact the owner is to weed out the spammers and scammers that frequent the free timeshare posting sites.

Our research has found that owners posting on free sites are inundated with spam e-mails, inquiries from "lookie-loos" trying to negotiate a lower price, or scammers seeking an easy target. We have found that most of these non-serious buyers will not pay a membership fee and therefore our owners' time is free to consider serious offers.

Thanks for being a part of RedWeek.com!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.