Ask RedWeek

Weekly rental start day

Jul 27, 2018

Do all weekly timeshares go Saturday - Saturday or Sunday - Sunday? I am looking for a Thursday - Thursday rental in Cabo San Lucas

Sandra Connelly V.
Jul 31, 2018

Statistically, the vast majority of weekly timeshares are Saturday to Saturday. A few have a "Friday to Friday" option. Fewer still are "Sunday to Sunday" (e.g., some Hyatt properties). I have never heard of a "Thursday to Thursday" timeshare week.

Some "points based" systems can provide any seven day time period (if / when space availability exists, of course), but I don't believe that any such points-based systems even exist "south of the border".

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 31, 2018 05:57 PM

Aug 18, 2018

Thank you! I was hopeful some properties were flexible.

Sandra Connelly V.
Aug 20, 2018

sandraconnellyv wrote:

At any resort with fixed weeks, there can be no "flexibility". Individual owners own specific weeks. The resort simply has no right and no option to add or subtract days from owners' weeks.

KC
Aug 28, 2018

My property is flexible.

sandraconnellyv wrote:

Corina L.
Aug 29, 2018

corinal9 wrote:
My property is flexible.

Fixed weeks are FIXED and deeded, usually right down to a very specific unit. Their annual (or biennial or triennial) usage is not in any way "flexible" from one year to the next, although actual dates change (but only by a day or two) from one year to the next, simply due to that year's calendar.

"Floating" week ownerships (which are also deeded) allow for reserving different weeks (often with some exclusions or "blacked out" weeks) from one year to the next, but the starting and ending days of the week are still consistently the same for any and all reserved weeks at that resort in the course of any given year.

Only true "points based" systems or RTU "memberships" (where there is no actual deeded week ownership at all), allow for any"flexibility" in starting and ending days. "Pure points" holders may also reserve less than a full week if they opt to do so and space is available.

No offense intended, but your response doesn't provide any useful information. Could you elaborate on your particular arrangement, whatever it may be, for the information and benefit of the OP who initially raised this question?

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 29, 2018 03:58 AM

Sep 08, 2018

Can anyone tell me if the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas are able to start their rental date on a day other than Saturday? Thank you!

Teresa S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.