Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Wyndham owners that paid Castle Law Group out of Tenn

Aug 20, 2018

apparently there were over 300+ wyndham owners seeking timeshare cancellations and went thru the thugs at Castle Law Group. Where are y’all?! We need to contact DOJ in Tenn as well as the state you live in and also the state where your deed is, am thinking a lot of them would be in Florida. I have all access, so I’m not really sure how that works. Contact them all. Something needs to be done. CLG cannot get away with this!! I demand my money back, I demand my case file back. I am beyond furious. What are we suppose to do now. I am going to contact an attorney in my state and go from there. What is everyone else doing? Need some input. What a bad situation they have left us all in. Not good at all.

Tomi R.
Aug 30, 2018

tomir wrote:
apparently there were over 300+ wyndham owners seeking timeshare cancellations and went thru the thugs at Castle Law Group. Where are y’all?! We need to contact DOJ in Tenn as well as the state you live in and also the state where your deed is, am thinking a lot of them would be in Florida. I have all access, so I’m not really sure how that works. Contact them all. Something needs to be done. CLG cannot get away with this!! I demand my money back, I demand my case file back. I am beyond furious. What are we suppose to do now. I am going to contact an attorney in my state and go from there. What is everyone else doing? Need some input. What a bad situation they have left us all in. Not good at all.

Judson Phillips, the (now former) attorney who is the owner and principal of the "operation" known as Castle Law Group, was disbarred on August 24, 2018 according to Tennessee public records.

Don't shoot the messenger, and I sincerely wish you luck, but the odds of recovering any money from a disbarred (and perhaps now bankrupt) attorney would appear to be very slim. Unless Mr. Phillips is criminally prosecuted (and I certainly have no idea if that course of action is even being considered) and he is subsequently convicted and subjected to court-ordered restitution to CLG's bilked "clients", your money (and that of anyone and everyone else who ponied up the big bucks to CLG) is now very likely just plain gone forever. If Phillips doesn't even any longer have the money, court ordered restitution would just be a pointless and academic exercise anyhow. One has to assume that Phillips is spending lots of money on his own defense in the three separate lawsuits currently filed against him in Federal Court in Florida. Overall, it's certainly a sad, tragic and rotten situation, to be sure.

Even if there is victim compensation available via some state avenue (unlikely, in my personal opinion), it will be a pittance compared to the huge amounts of money the CLG parasites collected from their "clients".

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 04, 2018 06:07 PM

Aug 31, 2018

Thanks for the input. I am forwarding what you wrote to my son. He’s an attorney for the DOJ in Louisiana. I am thrilled that Judson Phillips was disbarred and rightfully so. I am just sick over this whole thing. I finally found an attorney here and waiting to hear from another. You stand correct, as I’m sure I won’t see any of that money ever again. I just want out of my wyndham contract! It’s been over a year and now I am back to square one. I have tried to reach out to my initial contact, Brian Gentry and of course, he is no where to be found. I would like to know how he can even look at himself in the mirror every morning. It’s disgusting to think they are a part of the human race. Thanks for responding to my post. If you hear anything else or have any suggestions, I’m all ears.

Tomi R.
Sep 03, 2018

tomir wrote:
Thanks for the input. I am forwarding what you wrote to my son. He’s an attorney for the DOJ in Louisiana. I am thrilled that Judson Phillips was disbarred and rightfully so. I am just sick over this whole thing. I finally found an attorney here and waiting to hear from another. You stand correct, as I’m sure I won’t see any of that money ever again. I just want out of my wyndham contract! It’s been over a year and now I am back to square one. I have tried to reach out to my initial contact, Brian Gentry and of course, he is no where to be found. I would like to know how he can even look at himself in the mirror every morning. It’s disgusting to think they are a part of the human race. Thanks for responding to my post. If you hear anything else or have any suggestions, I’m all ears.

One suggestion I'll offer is to contact Wyndham directly, explain your situation, and see if you would qualify for "deedback" under their "Ovation" program. If your maintenance fees are in arrears, you would not be eligible for Ovation. If your fees are paid up to date, Wyndham might take back the ownership at no additional cost to you. If so, you'd be done with Wyndham forever. Otherwise, there aren't many other options remaining on the table besides paying nothing further and simply awaiting inevitable foreclosure.

There are several hundred posts about Ovation in these RedWeek forums. A search will retrieve more information than you would need or want to know and the contact phone number is provided numerous times. It's surely worth a few minutes of your time and a toll free phone call. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 04, 2018 09:44 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.