Ask RedWeek

Selling my timeshare week

Aug 31, 2018

I have listed one week timeshre at Vistana forsale and now have someone interested in Buying this week. How do I go about selling this week. The paper trail etc?

John M.
Aug 31, 2018

johnm3840 wrote:
I have listed one week timeshare at Vistana for sale and now have someone interested in buying this week. How do I go about selling this week. The paper trail etc?

I am certainly not "advertising" for them, but I have personally used a small outfit called LT Transfers several times in recent years (they are located in Cleveland, Georgia --- Google is your friend). For under $200, they will prepare and record a new deed, act as the intermediary for purchase funds (including attorney escrow, if you wish, for an additional $50 fee). They will notify the resort upon completion of the transfer, providing a copy of the new recorded deed in new owner name. This is not a "do it yourself" undertaking if you have no experience in this area.

If you provide LTT with a copy of the current deed, you will save a few dollars. If LT Transfers has to retrieve the deed themselves from County records, there is a small charge (and added time) for them to do so. Good luck, whoever you use.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 31, 2018 03:52 AM

Aug 31, 2018

Thank you Ken for your prompt reply. I will take your advice. Regards, John Morgan

John M.
Sep 09, 2018

I understand that the original owner is the owner in perpetuity. How is this condition negated?

johnm3840 wrote:
I have listed one week timeshre at Vistana forsale and now have someone interested in Buying this week. How do I go about selling this week. The paper trail etc?

Nancy G.
Sep 09, 2018

nancyg671 wrote:
I understand that the original owner is the owner in perpetuity. How is this condition negated?

For most deeded ownerships, the current "grantee" of record remains the lawful owner until / unless a new grantee is identified by a new, lawful recorded deed. There is no means by which to "negate" this legal fact or make it magically "disappear". It's essentially a contract, into which the person once voluntarily entered of their own free will.

Non-payment of fees will of course eventually lead to foreclosure, and the current grantee then ceases to be the owner of record when those foreclosure proceedings are completed. Aside from that, it is incumbent upon the current grantee to find a new owner and complete a lawful transfer --- or negotiate a "deedback" to the resort through its' HOA (most HOA'a will not do so, but some will).

KC

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.