Ask RedWeek

Are there any All Inclusive timeshare rentals in Maui?

Sep 01, 2018

Hi, we loved the Cabo timeshares with all inclusive butu this winter we wish to go to Maui Hawaii. Is there anything comparable? Thank you, Dixie

Dixie R.
Sep 02, 2018

dixier5 wrote:
...we loved the Cabo timeshares with all inclusive but this winter we wish to go to Maui Hawaii. Is there anything comparable?

To the best of my knowledge, there are no "all inclusive" timeshare properties on Maui --- or anywhere in Hawaii, for that matter.

All inclusive timeshares are mostly found in Mexico. There are "all inclusive" vacation properties in the Caribbean (e.g., Sandals, etc.) , but they are not actually timeshares.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 02, 2018 06:39 AM

Sep 02, 2018

dixier5 wrote:
Hi, we loved the Cabo timeshares with all inclusive butu this winter we wish to go to Maui Hawaii. Is there anything comparable?

Have you checked with a local travel agent? If AI is available at various places in Maui, the agent might have some packages to sell you. Another thing you can try is to go to RCI's website and look at the details/information of the timeshares listed there for Maui. The details will usually say if a particular resort is mandatory AI or optional AI. If it says neither, then chances are that AI is not offered at that particular resort.

As for the one you went to in Cabo, did you rent a timeshare from someone then have to pay the resort the AI fee? Or did you just simply buy an AI package from a travel agency that had AI with the purchase (and the accommodations just happened to be at a timeshare resort)?

Lance C.
Sep 02, 2018

Thank you for this info! I rented a week of a timeshare in Cabo at Sunset Beach, a Presidential condo sleeps 8 very very nice for about $1200, then bought the AI premium package for 7 days for hubby and me for $1054. I'd love to find a similar deal in Hawaii if possible :-)

Dixie R.
Sep 02, 2018

In Mexico the workers are paid in Peso's and probably make a 1/3 of mainland us average minimal wage. Cost of living in Hawaii is much higher. For a similar quality AI in Hawaii, I would guess the cost would be about 5 times what you paid in Mexico. The closest you may find would be a prepaid meal plan that would not include alcohol and the price would probably limit where you could eat and average to the top 75% of the menu while excluding the top 5% of the menu.

You are going to have to pay as you go but you can go cashless at many resorts and charge everything to your room.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.