Comments

ask-redweek-are-timeshare-exit-companies-legit

Jan 08, 2019

If I do nothing and die, does this obligate my heirs.

Eva G.
Jan 08, 2019

Has anyone ever tried to sell or get out of a timeshare with Pueblo Bonito in Las Cabos Mexico?

Clare C.
Jan 08, 2019

Thanks. Nice to see a company that has no ax to grind telling it like it is. As an older couple, we have enjoyed our Marriott time share for many years. However, there comes a time when we just can't travel as much as we would like. Your insights regarding this subject are very much appreciated.

Thomas C.
Jan 08, 2019

Thanks for an objective view of the timeshare exit conundrum. An article on (tax deductible) donation of the ownership of one's timeshare to a non profit organization for resale or fund raising purposes might be useful.

Doug L.
Jan 09, 2019

I hold my mother's power of attorney am finding it very difficult to sell her 4 properties! As she is in the advanced stages of Azheimer's, she can no longer travel. I have resorted to renting the weeks whenever possible, but the maintenance fees are still a major drain on the money that she has to pay for her care. It is frightening!

Cynthia B.
Jan 09, 2019

Responding to eva51: To the best of our knowledge, according to lawyers who handle exit issues, heirs are in no way obligated to assume responsibility for their parents' timeshare contracts. That's always an individual choice. Best to check with your timeshare company, or resort HOA, on this issue. Also check with your accountant or personal attorney.

Jeffrey W.
Jan 09, 2019

Responding to clarec11: Many have tried to get out of Pueblo Bonito. It is likely a Right-to-use or membership rather than deeded property. It can usually be done by simply stopping payments since you do not own anything. The resort might start hounding you with collection calls and letters but those can usually be ignored.

The other option is to list your unit for sale or giveaway here on RedWeek or other legitimate timeshare resale web sites. Just be realistic in what your asking price is. Most units in Mexico have a zero resale value.

Lance C.
Jan 11, 2019

I want to place for every time I place for 14,99 wheb I go to finish it show much more money how do I solve that

Robert H.
Jan 11, 2019

Robert H.: Please click on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page if you have questions about your account or making a payment.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Jan 11, 2019 12:50 PM

Jan 22, 2019

I am not sure what to do next regarding my Manhattan Club membership. I have been an owner over 20 yrs. When my husband died in 2012 I simply could not reserve a room and I gave up, plus have not paid my fees. I got threatening letters from them which I ignored. I own a studio every other year. I am now 3 fees in the rears. I have health issues and would like to get out without costing me anything, help. JoanM

Joan M.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jan 22, 2019 01:54 PM

Jan 22, 2019

My options are completely open in regards to where to vacation. I would like to see what is available for particular dates. Is there any way to search by date?

Sophia V.
Jan 22, 2019

Sophia V.: On the search page (https://www.redweek.com) enter a location. It can be as broad as North America. Once the results come up, use the tabs at the top of the list to filter your results by date, unit size, price, etc. If you have further questions, please use the "Contact Us' link at the bottom of any page.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jan 22, 2019

I have 3 timeshares I want to sell in 2020. Let me know how to post them for sale on Redweek?

Terry C.
Jan 22, 2019

Terry C.: You can go to this page to get started: Sell My Timeshare (https://www.redweek.com/sell-my-timeshare)

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jan 27, 2019

I have an appointment with Resort Relief today has anyone uned them before. Their ad says they are top rated BBB.

Janet S.
Jan 29, 2019

I want to rent an ocean front at Wyndham royal vista in pompano,, Florida, for the week of feb 29, 2020 to march 7, 2020. I am having a problem navigating the website for dates beyond 2019. Please advise.

Ben C.
Jan 29, 2019

Ben C.: There are currently no rentals for 2020 posted at this resort. You can sign up to be alerted as new postings are added by going to the "Posting Alerts" link at the bottom of the rental list. If you have further questions or need assistance, please use the "Contact Us" link at the very bottom of any page.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Feb 15, 2019

So glad I found and read this site. Thank you for saving me from paying $$$ to Exit Legally to get a refund for the cost and maintenance fees of my Wyndham timeshare. I almost fell for this scam.

Sonnia R.

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 15, 2019 08:45 AM

Feb 15, 2019

I recently spoke with a company purporting to help folks escape their onerous timeshare obligations and was quoted an upfront fee of $8,750, which I cannot afford. The only guarantee they would make was to secure a “give back” and “attempt” at recovering some of the monies originally paid for the timeshare (in our case $34,000). If unsuccessful after 36 months at securing the termination by “give back,” our $8,750 would be refunded (if they are still in business!). I am wondering if this is typical practice by all these so called timeshare exit companies?

Dick H.
Apr 19, 2019

Lol .this article is so funny!!my 74 year old mother was scammed over and over trying to sell her timeshare.Resorts do not buy back timeshares except maybe Marriot.Timeshares are worthless pieces of air that drain hard working people of money but I do disagree with this article after losing thousands of dollars trying to sell the timeshare we did find a exit company we paid a little over 3,000 and after all the scams we were finally done with this nightmare!!!and by the way remember redweek works with the resorts not the person who forks over thousands in useless fees and taxes!!!!

Cali C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.