Point Systems

Has anyone been successful with this?

Mar 01, 2019

I am intertesed in converting my deeded week to a points system. Has anyone been successful with this? I have never been provided with a straight answer from my resort.

Badlo G.
Mar 02, 2019

badlog wrote:
I am intertesed in converting my deeded week to a points system. Has anyone been successful with this? I have never been provided with a straight answer from my resort.

You haven't provided any useful details about what you own or which one of the many point systems you are interested in, but not all deeded weeks can be converted to points. For example, many independent resorts which are affiliated with RCI as a exchange company do not offer (or participate in) RCI's "points" program and may have absolutely no interest in ever doing so.

Assuming (not enough info provided to know) that your deeded week is at a RCI affiliated resort, the fact that your resort cannot provide "a straight answer" regarding conversion to points suggests (but does not prove) that conversion to RCI points may not even be an option there at all. After all, any such "conversion" to RCI Points, if even available there as an option, would cost you a few thousand dollars (which would go into the resort's coffers). If they offered a RCI Points "conversion" option, someone at the resort should know about it (and would likely be chomping at the bit to take your several thousand dollars) for any such conversion.

On the other hand, who exactly are you speaking to at the resort in not getting "a straight answer"? A desk clerk just answering the phone there may be completely clueless about conversions to RCI points, since most resorts actually use off-site, third party "marketers" to peddle such conversions (for a commission, of course).

You may not be referring to RCI Points at all; your post doesn't really provide enough information or details to know what system you are asking about. Many "chains" have their own internal points systems (e.g., Hilton, Wyndham, Hyatt, DRI, etc.) and no "chain" points system has any relationship whatsoever to any other points system.

I hope this helps, but with no specific info or details about whatever it is that you own, the above input is really all I can offer.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Mar 02, 2019 07:37 AM

Jan 27, 2021

Yes I did.

Jennie Miller

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.