Timeshare Exchanges

How to marriott time shares ?

Mar 10, 2019

I am getting mixed answers for switching weeks outside of your season (silver, gold or platnium). I am being told that even if you purchase a silver package, you can still trade it at your home base outside of your season. I was told that you can do this by allowing yourself 1 year in advance and by paying a 99 dollar fee. Does anyone know if this is true.

Aqua S.
Mar 11, 2019

That is definitely not a Marriott policy. It may be something specific to your resort but I wouldn't count on it. It would make no sense to allow a less season to exchange into a higher season in the same booking window as the higher window. Some older Vistana resorts have this provision but only at 60 days prior to check in basically the left overs.

Tracey S.
May 09, 2020

This sounds like Interval International. Being able to trade up for a better week/unit/location is not impossible, but it is rare. Having a Platinum unit exchanged through II will definitely give you a better inventory to choose from than a silver one.

Barbara H.
Aug 18, 2020

Yes!, Marriott is the latest major developer to introduce a buyback and take-back program for longtime owners who have intervals that Marriott wants to acquire. But, unless you have a prime week and don't really care how much you get back for it, you may want to take the time to explore your other options.

Lus S.

Last edited by phyl21 on Aug 18, 2020 09:54 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.