Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Question about Renting Sunday to Sunday ?

Mar 22, 2019

I was able to buy plane tickets for a time period of Sunday to Sunday at a more reasonable rate then I was finding for a Saturday-Saturday stay. What is the best way to obtain a rental for this time period? I am running into difficulty as most owners say they rent only Sat-Sat.?

Awe S.
Mar 23, 2019

You might be able to find an owner who has a points package that allows him or her to book individual nights. However, it can be difficult because a lot of resorts are Saturday to Saturday and if a points package owner wants to book a suite Sunday to Sunday, that would likely mean that that cuts into two Saturday to Saturday weeks.

Lance C.
Mar 24, 2019

It all depends on the resort. Some resorts are Friday to Friday only. Some Saturday -Saturday or Sunday -Sunday only. Some resorts let owners choose between those days. Some resorts have points owners that can choose any day of the week to start a stay. Even when owners are given a choice, they often have to make that choice 10-12 months or more in advance especially for popular locations in prime season. Saturday to Saturday is often the most preferred weeks stay because travelers only miss one traditional week of work and still have a day to "recover" before returning to work. Barring other factors and having to make the choice so far in advance that is what many owners who are going to rent choose. Renters on the other hand typically reserve their stays 6 months to 2 weeks before travelling. Usually on the higher end to fly to only locations. By the time renter travelers are ready to commit to a non refundable vacation the choice of check in dates may no longer be available when searching for timeshare stays.

So if you already booked and can't find the exact check in days you want you may have to reserve a Saturday -Saturday and throw away the first day of the rental and book a hotel for the last night.

Tracey S.
Apr 03, 2019

We have HGVC and are able to book Sunday to Sunday. Of course, the window of booking many locations during the summer time is very narrow now. Where and when are you looking to vacation? I am still able to book studios, 1BD or 2BD units in Orlando in June, July and August.

Duane G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.