General Discussion

Need help?

Mar 27, 2019

Has anyone used TUG? It’s the Timeshare Users Group. Is is helpful? I’ve been reading it but I see a lot of people arguing with each other so I am not sure if I can trust it. Is it reputable?

Benbenink B.
Mar 27, 2019

benbeninkb wrote:
Has anyone used TUG? It’s the Timeshare Users Group. Is is helpful? I’ve been reading it but I see a lot of people arguing with each other so I am not sure if I can trust it. Is it reputable?

As with any public forum, you are going to have people with different opinions (some very strong) that they are not hesitant to express. However, it is very useful and helpful. It has helped many people avoid the financial pitfalls that are rife in the timeshare industry including, among other things:

1)...the upfront fee resale and rental scam.

2)...the upfront fee "cancel" your timeshare scheme.

3)...buying from the developer when you can get the same thing resale for pennies on the dollar.

4)...rescinding a developer purchase.

5)...buying, or even acquiring for free, a unit that will be more of a money pit than a dream vacation spot.

Don't feel shy about going on there and asking questions as needed. Many on there are ready to help and don't have any hidden agenda in doing so. They just want to make sure you avoid the many pitfalls in the timeshare world.

Lance C.
Jul 18, 2021

benbeninkb wrote:

TUG has existed for over 25 years now and TUG currently has over106,000 registered users, many of them possessing decades of direct, first hand timeshare knowledge and experience. Collectively, that's centuries worth of timeshare knowledge, experience and insight amassed and shared in just one, single place.

Informed and civil discussions reflecting (often very different) points of view on TUG are certainly common, but that certainly does not make expressing different perspectives "arguments". By your hasty and inaccurate description, I have to wonder if you have actually read much TUG content at all.

For the record, I have no affiliation with TUG other than as a longtime member and participant, but there is simply no question that TUG is a GREAT source of timeshare knowledge and information --- surely the best source on the planet. That said, RedWeek is just as surely the best site in existence for rentals and resales --- on either side of a transaction.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 20, 2021 09:22 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.