Comments

ask-redweek-why-buy-travel-insurance

May 14, 2019

Can you use this insurance if I have to cancel a cruise after I paid for it because of illness

Angela C.
May 16, 2019

angelac471 - you would have had to buy the insurance at the point you booked your cruise. But, typically travel insurance would cover cancellations due to illness.

Kylie
RedWeek.com
May 19, 2019

I received a request to rent my timeshare in Aruba from a person whose email came up as Pricilla Smith, but said her name was Paige Rowett. We went through all the steps to rent the timeshare; I sent here an agreement to sign last night. This morning I received a mail that said she had decided not to rent because she had no guarantee I wouldn't change the reservation once she paid. Now this person has much of my personal information, and I don't have any idea if he or she was real. Please be careful! How stupid on my part!

Steve B.
May 19, 2019

Steve B.: As an FYI, we received an email from Paige and she is a new member. She wasn't familiar with how RedWeek worked and was being extremely cautious. I think she feels a bit more comfortable now, but this is a good example of how using RedWeek payments can help protect both owner and renter.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
May 23, 2019

I am an owner and want to rent my unit. I have a prospect. I do want to use title insurance. My unit is available per the resort. What do I do next?

John R.
May 23, 2019

John R.: If you are renting out your timeshare, then you would not need travel or title insurance. If you are concerned about damages to your unit, that can be addressed in the rental agreement. If you would like more information, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page. Thanks!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Mar 05, 2020

what if travel is advised against, restricted or canceled by gov't or airlines due to corona virus. Will that be covered.

Albwise
Mar 05, 2020

Many travel protection plans exclude losses caused directly or indirectly by an epidemic. You would need to look at the Description of Coverage/Policy from the travel insurance company or contact them directly with questions on their coverage policy for this type of situation.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.