May 14, 2019

Has anyone been approached by Vacation Candy to rent your listing?

Virginia R.
May 14, 2019

virginiar92 wrote:
Has anyone been approached by Vacation Candy to rent your listing?

I haven't but usually anyone who contacts a timeshare owner out of the blue offering to sell or rent out the unit is a scam.

Look for the tell-tale signs of a scam such as offering to fetch you way more money than you can reasonably get or asking for some sort of fee upfront. Remember, any legitimate rental agent will take its commission out of the rental proceeds, not upfront.

Lance C.
May 15, 2019

Virginia R.: We have timeshare brokers who use our website to obtain weeks for a client. Although we do not vouch for or recommend any person using our website, if you contact us with their email address, we can let you know how long they have been a member and if we have any complaints on their account. Please use the "Contact Us" link at the very bottom of any page. Thanks!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
May 16, 2019

Thank you for this reply. I am new to this form of listing and I did realize that Brokers respond to listings. If i ever have question about an inquiry, I will reach out to you. Virginia

Virginia R.
Apr 20, 2020

Do not use Vacation Candy! They kept their commissions and didn't refund their clients when timeshare resorts were closed during Covid-19. They promised access to the resort and all amenities and that could not be delivered, yet they kept the money. It's a reflection of how unscrupulous they do business.

Carol H.
Apr 21, 2020

I have no opinion about (nor any previous involvement of any sort with) "Vacation Candy".

The only intent of this post is to point out to anyone that might be interested that "Vacation Candy" is the same entity formerly known as "Stay PC".

KC
Jul 16, 2022

I was contacted by Concierge Realty last year wanting to rent (on behalf of their client) my Steamboat Sheraton timeshare that was listed on Redweek. It all went very smoothly and I was paid on time - half immediately and half two months out as I requested. They negotiated price a bit and I negotiated the payment schedule I was comfortable with and it was a win-win for all. I would definitely do business with them again.

Katrina S.
Jan 02, 2023

I was vontacted by Hanah <owners@vacationcandy.com> to rent my unit at Canyon Villas. Most reviews with complaints seem to be from Covid. Anyone have goid experience with Vacation Candy.

Leslie S.
Jan 07, 2023

We had a timeshare for rent last year and Vacation Candy brought us a renter. They were great and I actually just sent them a note asking if they have anyone that would be interested in our Newport Coast Villa timeshare this year.

Kim M.
Jan 08, 2023

leslies90 wrote:
I was vontacted by Hanah <owners@vacationcandy.com> to rent my unit at Canyon Villas. Most reviews with complaints seem to be from Covid. Anyone have goid experience with Vacation Candy.

Just make sure they don't ask for an upfront fee. Any commission they get will come out of the proceeds of the rental.

Lance C.
Jun 14, 2023

Is owners@vacationcandy.com a legitimate email/account with Redweek? I was approached by them to rent my week for their client.

Constance W.
Sep 05, 2023

Is Vacation Candy legitimate. Has anyone done business with them lately. According to Better Business Bureau, they are closed.

Amy H.
Sep 05, 2023

Hi. I saw your post on Redweek. Just wondering if you end up doing business with Vacation Candy or find out if they are legitimate. Thanks

Amy H.
Sep 19, 2023

I just rented out our unit using Redweek. The renter’s contact info had a name and regular address but the email was:

Owners@vacationcandy.com

I am gathering that the renter paid $500 more than he would have if he’d checked Redweek.

It seems weird but as long as we get the funds and the renter gets the unit - I guess all is well.

Julie S.

Last edited by julies1306 on Sep 19, 2023 01:23 PM

Nov 17, 2023

I have had good experience with Vacation Candy. They pay partial rent up front which is nice. I find i have a higher booking rate with Redweek than Vacation Candy.

James M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.