Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Tips on Selling points system timeshare [WorldMark] -- success stories please

Jun 26, 2019

I've had a Worldmark by Wyndham, [points system] timeshare since 2002. I never upgraded but I was very happy using my credits exchanging for Interval Internationals quality resorts. But I don't travel as much anymore and was about to sell it through a realtor who made me a lower offer. Compared to what I see here. But they cover all the closing costs....

I'd like to hear from people who are actively selling or have sold their timeshare through Redweek. Any tips or suggestions on how to do it most effectively? And least costly.

Mare
Jun 27, 2019

marilyns131 wrote:
I'd like to hear from people who are actively selling or have sold their timeshare through Redweek. Any tips or suggestions on how to do it most effectively? And least costly.

The first and foremost tip is to not pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell or rent out your unit. That is always a scam. Secondly, make sure you have a good idea as to what your unit is worth on the resale market. Most are worth about zero dollars. A few might be worth up to $1000.

Using RedWeek is very cost effective as is using Timeshare Users Group (TUG). You can advertise for low cost on these two sites.

Lance C.
Jun 29, 2019

Thanks for your reply. Actually I have an offer from a realtor for $1750. I see similar timeshares are priced a bit higher here. So I was wondering if I should go with HIS price which includes all the closing costs or try to sell here for another $500 with luck. How much do closing costs come to? I've never heard of Timeshare Users Group (TUG) before, can I list in 2 places at once? Thanks M

Mare
Jun 29, 2019

marilyns131 wrote:
I've never heard of Timeshare Users Group (TUG) before, can I list in 2 places at once?

You can list in as many places as you wish. The more places you list, the more exposure your ad(s) will receive. TUG's website is tugbbs.com.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.