Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

I have 4 kids, wife and her mother on vacation with us. Is it ok to get a 6 person rental

Jul 19, 2019

I have 4 kids, wife and her mother on vacation with us. Is it ok to get a 6 person rental? Thanks

Byron G.
Jul 19, 2019

BG: There are timeshare rentals for six or more people. The rental postings on our website will state how many people the unit sleeps. Just confirm with the owner and/or resort the maximum occupancy for their size of unit. If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any page. Thanks!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jul 20, 2019

When I rent to people and they tell me they want to put 7 in a unit that has a max capacity of 6, I let them know that the stated capacity is 6 and if you go over that, the resort can kick you out and cancel the rest of your time and offer no refund. Nor would they be eligible for a refund from me and my rental terms explicitly state this. If they try to say it is a baby or toddler and they don't need any extra bedding, I say all I can tell you is the maximum capacity for the unit is 6 and if you want to risk it that would be on you.

Also be aware that some resorts give out bracelets to access the resort and amenities and that they will not give you more than the stated maximum capacity.

If a renter asks about putting 8 in a unit with a maximum 6 capacity and say that the 10 year old's don't mind sleeping on the floor, I tell them that I can't rent to them if their intention is to go over capacity.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.