General Discussion

Has anyone had a person get your RCI points after signing FL timeshare transfer but then backing out

Aug 03, 2019

listed my Florida timeshare that includes points in bargain basement section as free. Immediately was contacted by a man from Canada stating he was very interested. Turns out the papers on timeshare transfers in FL. says the buyer, not seller, has the right to change their mind and back out within 10 days after signing the papers. The buyer wanted me to immediately transfer my points account with RCI to them, which I don’t think would revert back to me if they took advantage of that 10 day policy to change their mind. Once I mentioned that I needed to wait till those 10 days are up to transfer my points to them they are no longer writing to me. I even wrote them and said that they could fill in on transfer papers that I would have to transfer the points account to them after those 10 days. So they would be protected from me not following thru. No response, so if they were not planning to take advantage of the 10 day backout policy after I had given them my points account. Why are they no longer interested. If they do surprise me and complete this transfer, I already signed the papers and sent them to him. Then I will remove this scam post warning. It seems quite possible that I could not have had an legal recourse to get my RCI points account back with someone in another country and still had to pay all fees on the timeshare because they backed out of the deal before the 10 days. Hope this post protects sellers from this happening to them.

Johanne G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.