General Discussion

Maintenance Fees

Dec 27, 2019

I read about 2020 MFs elsewhere. $1000, $1200, $1500, $1800, $2000. . . . even $3000.

Really?!!!???

With the competition and availability of reasonably-priced, quality vacation accommodations on the Internet, I just don't see how you could justify fees like that.

& I thought it was expensive when we actually used our weeks. With a MF, exchange fee, exchange company subscription, and travel expense, I figured our vacations at $1000/week, maybe $1200. Total.

Our highest (ever) is $780. Paying that and a $533 now. Others we had were in the $400 range.

NoOneYouKnow

Last edited by nooneyouknow on Jan 03, 2020 07:23 AM

Dec 27, 2019

I agree completely . Not just the maintenance fees but the cost of the timeshare at a presentation . I own a week on the Las Vegas strip right next door to the Bellagio and I pay $ 600 . That's right a week in Las Vegas right next door to the Bellagio for only $ 600. There are a few decent timeshares out there if you shop around . It's not as fancy as the high priced resorts but I only sleep there not live there . They treat owners like royalty . It takes me usually ten minutes to book my week and I usually book about ninety days out . I will keep this timeshare until I die . I got rid of two in 2011 through deed backs because of corporate greed .

Don P.
Jan 03, 2020

donp196 wrote:
I agree completely . Not just the maintenance fees but the cost of the timeshare at a presentation . I own a week on the Las Vegas strip right next door to the Bellagio and I pay $ 600 . That's right a week in Las Vegas right next door to the Bellagio for only $ 600. There are a few decent timeshares out there if you shop around . It's not as fancy as the high priced resorts but I only sleep there not live there . They treat owners like royalty . It takes me usually ten minutes to book my week and I usually book about ninety days out . I will keep this timeshare until I die . I got rid of two in 2011 through deed backs because of corporate greed .

Having not read that yet, I just said this:

https://www.redweek.com/forums/messages?thread_id=25384

Hmmmm!

NoOneYouKnow

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.