General Discussion

stopped paying maintenance fee at Gold point or Grand Timber Lodge Breckenridge co

Apr 14, 2020

We own a deeded week at Gold Point in Breckenridge which is a sister organization to Grand Timber Lodge. Cannot sell the unit and am getting heart burn over the maintenance fees. I have approached the developer and the HOA and tried to sell the unit with no positive results.

Does anyone have experience with just not paying these folks their maintenance fees?? I know in general what their response can be but I am trying t get a sense about how these specific organizations responded to not payment of maintenance fees. Thanks

Bill P.
Apr 15, 2020

billp314 wrote:
Does anyone have experience with just not paying these folks their maintenance fees?? I know in general what their response can be but I am trying t get a sense about how these specific organizations responded to not payment of maintenance fees.

What is often suggested is to call the resort's Homeowners' Association and tell them that you are not paying any more in maintenance fees so it would be in everybody's best interests for the HOA to take the unit back. The HOA might ask you to pay closing costs and maybe even the next maintenance fee but then you would be totally free of the unit with no future consequences or credit hit.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.