General Discussion

Unused MVC Points - Advice

Jan 04, 2020

I tried to search the forum but couldn't find this specific question. My apologies if it's been asked. I'm sure it has. Just couldn't find it.

I am looking for advice what to do with 425 unused Marriott Vacation Club points. I will not be able to use them before the deadline. Should I cash them in for a resort credit for an upcoming stay at MVC Doral? Convert to Bonvoy points (always heard that's the worst thing to do)? Any other options?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Nick B.
Jan 05, 2020

Best options: Carryover to next year. Use for stays. Exchange for rewards points. Post for rent on Redweek (another owner will rent the points for their use). Transfer them to another points owner.

Worst options: Use for resort credits or for insurance (terrible value).

Considering the small number, I would try first to carryover to the next year (this option may have expired for you). Next best is to probably sell the use to another points owner - see Redweek listings for point use sales.

There are time constraints so these may control your options and/or the value in rent to another party.

Den
Jan 05, 2020

Thank you. Yes - I should have mentioned I can’t carry them over. They were already banked and have to be used by 9/30/20. I’ll look into selling them and what that entails.

Thanks again.

Nick B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.