General Discussion

Hello, i need some guidance

Jun 04, 2020

Hello

My inlaws have a timeshare in Hilton Head South Carolina that is a Red Week. They have never used the condo. The RCI system is too complicated for them. I need help to try and figure it out for them so they can trade their Red Week in South Carolina for a Red Week in Key West Florida. Can you give me some guidance.

Thanks

Jennifer R.
Jun 05, 2020

jenniferr1156 wrote:
My inlaws have a timeshare in Hilton Head South Carolina that is a Red Week. They have never used the condo. The RCI system is too complicated for them. I need help to try and figure it out for them so they can trade their Red Week in South Carolina for a Red Week in Key West Florida. Can you give me some guidance.

Admittedly, the RCI system and trading can be confusing but here's a run down with your in-laws' situation. If they want to trade, there are a few exchange companies such as RCI, Interval International (II), Dial-an-Exhcnage (DAE) and so forth. Each company has its ups and downs. Let's say that your in-laws are with RCI and have a paid-up membership. They would have to deposit their week with RCI (no charge). Then, they would have to search to see if RCI has a week available for which your in-laws are looking. If RCI has it available, your in-laws would then pay the exchange fee and then get that week.

Keep in mind that exchange companies usually give weeks of around equal value or demand in exchange for ones of similar value. So with your in-laws' example, RCI might consider a week in Key West of higher value than a week in SC so RCI might not give them that week.

Your in-laws' other option would be to call RCI and ask what they could get in exchange for their week. Remember, RCI might not even have any weeks in Key West in its inventory. Or they could try one of the many other exchange companies and ask if they have a week in Key West in exchange for a week in SC.

If none of the exchange companies have what your in-laws are looking for, then your in-laws' last hope would be to try to rent out their week in SC and then use that money towards renting a week in KW.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.