Timeshare Companies

Selling Westgate Myrtle Beach

Jun 19, 2020

We are wondering if anyone has experience selling the Westgate property in Myrtle Beach? Thank you, Mike

Michael S.
Jun 29, 2020

mfs2 wrote:
We are wondering if anyone has experience selling the Westgate property in Myrtle Beach? Thank you, Mike

Westgate ownerships are extremely difficult to sell (or to even give away for free, for that matter). This is because Westgate greatly devalues all Westgate resales (i.e., ownerships purchased in the secondary market as opposed to being purchased directly from Westgate) by imposing extremely restrictive reservation policies on all "resale" ownerships. I wish you luck, but the unvarnished truth is that you may very well end up having to pay Westgate to take back the ownership under their so-called "Legacy" deedback program. When last I knew, Westgate charged $900 for extending that "privilege" to owners who want "out". That figure could be higher now, but it's almost certainly not lower. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 06, 2020 12:50 PM

Jun 29, 2020

Thanks, that is what i anticipated.

Michael S.
Mar 22, 2023

Legacy program is more than double the $900 now.

Larry C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.