General Discussion

Refusal of owner to rebook Marriott Hawaii trip

Aug 27, 2020

We reserved a verified week in Hawaii and because Hawaii has extended their quarantine, We have requested for the owner of the Marriott Timeshare to rebook for us. We went to great lengths to explain to the owner how to do so through getting Marriott issued Covid certificate, then rebook the reservation with Marriott. From there Interval can help to change the name on the reservation to ours.

The owner is refusing to help us and rebook the reservation, hence keeping our money. The owner is citing that it is in violation to his interval account.

We actually went through Interval and Marriott representatives, Had the rep make notes on his interval account verifying this was not in violation. The owner refuses to even call and verify what we have researched for him. How do we get an owner to help us? Are we able to hold them accountable to help us rebook? A rental agreement is suppose to provide a place to stay if we pay the money?

J.B.
Oct 12, 2020

I just had to cancel our Marriott trip to Hawaii, which I paid over $20,000 for, all-told, for 11 family members. This Red Week owner will only refund 50% - so it costs us almost $4000 for nothing. I get that we agreed to this in February, but he gets to keep my hard-earned money, stay in his beautiful condo; and we get to lose $4000 and not go. Thanks COVID! I would love to have gone on our vacation of a lifetime with my entire family, but I will NEVER take a chance with Red Week again. I will cancel my membership and deal with VRBOs from now on, or hotels directly. I am so disappointed. This was salt in the wound this morning after having to tell all our kids and my parents that we just didn't feel safe taking them, and feel it would be selfish to possibly take anything to the Hawaiian communities we want to visit. It was a really hard decision, and I hoped that giving more than 60 days notice would suffice and show that we were being proactive and not waiting to the last minute to see if cases decrease where I live - they have really been going up the past week. But this is the thanks we get - a $4000 fee for trying to do the right thing.

I hope you get some satisfaction. I plan on contacting Red Week about my complaint. I would recommend contacting them in your case, too; if you haven't already.

Nicole S.
Jan 19, 2021

thanks for this discussion.

Jennie Miller

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.