Hyatt Vacation Club at The Welk

Resort Fees charged to "Guests" - Welk Resorts

Oct 21, 2020

Am I just slow or has Welk Resorts always charged a Resort Fee? I see this notice at the bottom of all my recent posts on Redweek with Welk Resorts San Diego: Resort fee of approximately $21.60 per night applies for guests of owners. I am getting the run around as to whose "fault" it is this came up. Welk makes it sound like it has always been there but unless I am just slow AND half blind, I have not seen it before this Covid mess happened. Which makes me suspicion it's a way to help recoup the losses for Welk. Maybe this sounds cold and hardhearted but I am guessing Welk Resorts has a lot more money to their name than any of us owners do. It really isn't our faults their budget didn't allow for this kind of a crisis. My guess is the sales are not going to escalate with MORE fees being added when Owners try to rent out the weeks they were strongly encouraged to add during those "Owner Upgrade" meetings!

Joy L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.