General Discussion

WHAT ABOUT RCI GUEST FEES AND OTHER FEES?

Aug 31, 2017

Hi,

Can anybody tell me why RCI has a guest fee, credit combined fees and all the other Fees. Why isn't the yearly membership enough? Why should RCI get the guest fees, We provide the timeshare we banked. So in Reality we should get the guest fees not them. Why do we have to pay to combined our credit? When we got suckered into timeshares the Salesmen never told us we would have to pay all these fees. If they did all of us would have never bought a timeshare. The Salesmen told me I can go any week I want. But they didn't tell me I had to bank my week with RCI be a member first then there are a million fees too.

Why can't we RCI member start a class action to eliminate all these unnecessary Fees.

For more you can check Broadcast Monitoring Video

Carter T.
Aug 31, 2017

cartert4 wrote:
Can anybody tell me why RCI has a guest fee, credit combined fees and all the other Fees. Why isn't the yearly membership enough? Why should RCI get the guest fees, We provide the timeshare we banked. So in Reality we should get the guest fees not them. Why do we have to pay to combined our credit? When we got suckered into timeshares the Salesmen never told us we would have to pay all these fees. If they did all of us would have never bought a timeshare. The Salesmen told me I can go any week I want. But they didn't tell me I had to bank my week with RCI be a member first then there are a million fees too.

Why can't we RCI member start a class action to eliminate all these unnecessary Fees.

Your question has a very simple and straightforward answer. RCI is a business. It is a business operated for profit; it is not a charitable enterprise. Membership in RCI is purely voluntary --- it's not mandatory. RCI will charge their members whatever RCI thinks the market will bear for membership, exchanges, guest certificates, combining Points or TPU's, Last Calls or Extra Vacations. That may be unwelcome news to you, but it's an indisputable fact nonetheless. RCI is all about collecting (ever increasing) fees for whatever they can possibly charge members for. It's not illegal, it's just business and they are not in business to be your friend. You have absolutely no basis for a lawsuit, class action or otherwise.

You cannot realistically hope to successfully "sue" a business for lawfully running it's business as it sees fit. You CAN choose to not patronize RCI at all (I made that decision years ago). You have two choices --- belong to RCI and pay their fees, or DON'T. I don't.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 31, 2017 11:19 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.