Timeshare Exchanges

RCI Guest Certificate and Five Year Guest Pass

Nov 05, 2019

We have done more than 150 exchanges, but I now do more with RCI for others than for us. I have three couples on the Five Year Guest Pass, and do an occasional single Guest Certificate reservation. I'm looking for one right now for a friend of a Five Year Guest Pass holder, and this is what he told her:

"(me) knows the properties out there well. You might consider giving him all your info and he can call/text you when he sees inventory open so he can reserve it for you on the spot!

I can fill you in on the guest certificates and how they work. I’ve enjoyed the fire out of my 5 year pass!"

NoOneYouKnow
Nov 06, 2019

I did another one this morning, $400-ish, including the $89 Guest Certificate Fee, for a 2-bedroom Gold Crown Mid South lake resort during a prime Spring Break week.

That was for a guest of one of my Guest Pass Holders.

NoOneYouKnow

Last edited by nooneyouknow on Nov 23, 2019 07:04 AM

Dec 03, 2019

Looking at our Vacation History on RCI, all that they show, the last 24, have been for someone else. 168 total now, but I don't think that's all we've done.

Is there anyone else here that does that, get stuff for others, mostly, but does not get anything for themselves?

NoOneYouKnow
Dec 19, 2019

Thank you so much!

Mimi S.
Dec 19, 2019

mimis33 wrote:
Thank you so much!

Oh, did I do one for you?

(Smilie)

NoOneYouKnow
May 16, 2021

How much is a 5 year guest pass for platinum members? Is is just for 1 person during that 5 year period.

David H.
May 16, 2021

david3186 wrote:
How much is a 5 year guest pass for platinum members? Is is just for 1 person during that 5 year period.

A 5 Year Guest Pass is $179, which is hard to find on RCI, so figure 10-25% less on Platinum.

https://www.rci.com/pre-rci-en_US/help/forms-and-fees/wow-member-fees-us.page

It is good for unlimited reservations for one subscriber, which, obviously means a couple or family.

I have done several more since I started this thread.

In fact, this week I have a Guest Pass couple at an upscale Branson Resort for $339, which is the most they've paid ever, and I have 10 extended family members at an Orlando area resort on a Guest Certificate, for a total of $450-ish.

There has been a slight uptick in the price of Last Calls because of the post-Pandemic demand. I just rented out our owned Week 28, which I do just at the Maintenance Fee, $799, and when I used a search engine for the same reservation, only expedia had one, and it is $2092!!!!

It's been so long ago since I've gotten anything for us, years, but I just renewed our RCI subscription because other people count on this now.

&, to make it clear for those who like to snitch on people, I do this for free. I'm way past being greedy for a few paltry dollars.

NoOneYouKnow

Last edited by nooneyouknow on Jun 29, 2021 02:18 PM

May 16, 2021

nooneyouknow wrote:
I have 10 extended family members at an Orlando area resort on a Guest Certificate, for a total of $450-ish.

Vacation Details - Extra Vacations℠ Getaway Confirmed Villas at Regal Palms(#C594) Unit Type:4 Bedroom(s) Maximum Occupancy/Privacy:10/8 Check in Date:15-May-2021 Check-out Date:22-May-2021 Confirmation Date:13-Jan-2021 Kitchen:Full Urgent Information AmountUSD 394.23

NoOneYouKnow
Jun 29, 2021

Would you be willing to give me the basics on the Five Year Guest Pass? I would like to know the price, the options and would it entitle me to purchase the last minute specials from RCI? Thanks.

Linda C.
Jun 29, 2021

lindac1553 wrote:
Would you be willing to give me the basics on the Five Year Guest Pass? I would like to know the price, the options and would it entitle me to purchase the last minute specials from RCI? Thanks.

You will find your answers two posts ago. See them?

As far as "last minute specials". since that's not a specific name of anything, I don't know exactly what you mean, but I'll go with "Yes".

Guest Passes can be used for exchanges or for Cash-Only, non-exchanges, which is all I can search for since I don't deposit anything in the Spacebank any more. When I search, it says: "You are currently viewing Cash vacations only. To view Exchange vacations, deposit your week. DEPOSIT NOW"

That is broken into "Extra Vacations", which become "Last Calls", normally at 45 days out. Last Calls are discounted, and there are often specials for Extra Vacations. Normally I will receive an email announcing a Special. I open it up and it shows the resorts/weeks/units being offered.

NoOneYouKnow
Jul 13, 2021

Hello, We would love to have it. what are the steps to get one. Please suggest !!

Thank you, Falguni

Falguni P.
Jul 13, 2021

Step 1: Know an RCI subscriber.

Step 2: Have them get one for you under their RCI account.

NoOneYouKnow
Jul 17, 2021

Can someone help me with this RCI I’m new to it and honestly just trying to make some money out of it.

Faith C.
Jul 17, 2021

faithc40 wrote:
Can someone help me with this RCI I’m new to it and honestly just trying to make some money out of it.

I assume that's a mis-statement . . . the "make some money out of it".

RCI cannot be used for commercial purposes.

NoOneYouKnow

Last edited by nooneyouknow on Jul 17, 2021 04:19 PM

Nov 07, 2021

If I know an RCI member and ask them to get me the 5 year pass, will I need to have their log in details or will I get my own? Thanks so much!

Michelle C.
Nov 08, 2021

You can view, and use, their RCI account online only if the RCI subscribers gives you their login credentials.

None of my Guest Pass holders do that, but they know they can call RCI toll-free and book their own reservations.

michellec1273 wrote:
If I know an RCI member and ask them to get me the 5 year pass, will I need to have their log in details or will I get my own? Thanks so much!

NoOneYouKnow
Apr 07, 2022

Hi NoOneYouKnow,

I'm looking to go on vacation with my family to Cancun at the end of May, and would like to stay at the Royal Sands or the Royal Caribbean. I used to have a timeshare and would get guest certs for friends. Are you still willing to do this?

Carmen C.
Apr 07, 2022

I do it for a small number of people whom I know. Ultimately, I am still responsible for my guests.

So, No, I don't do it for strangers.

Find someone you know who is an RCI subscriber, and ask them.

NoOneYouKnow
Sep 24, 2022

Not an owner yet, but have read a bit about this guest certificate and the special vacation access on RCI and think it is the biggest selling point for owning. Thanks for creating this thread!

Melvin O.
Sep 24, 2022

An Oldie, but a Goodie, and, for us, yes, the best value RCI has offered us over our 32 years with them, is Extra Vacations and Last Calls, and being able to share them with non-owners.

NoOneYouKnow

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.