Point Systems

Marriott Vacation Club Points

Jul 06, 2023

Points to rent go up on a yearly basis, just like the maintenance fees.

Alan J.
Jul 20, 2023

For those of you who have owned MVC for many years, have you seen the # of points required for the same resort at the same time increase over the years?????

Kevin A.
Aug 03, 2023

I have 1,300 points that are going to expire end of Oct - they are MCV only points - anyone interested in purchasing? Or have any suggestions what I can do other than booking a random week and posting it in hopes it sells?

Morgan R.
Aug 07, 2023

Hello friends. We currently have some points- wanted to add more through Redweek - much cheaper than buying through Marriott directly. Any downsides besides not exchanging through interval? Also - how do “new” points from Redweek get added to our existing points. Really really appreciate in advance any color on this - and any feedback from others that went through this process already would be awesome! Thanks friends!!!

Paul S.
Aug 12, 2023

I don't think that this mechanism has changed with regard to the number of points required to book on a given date and it is the maintenance fees that increase with increasing costs of running the facility. I am a long time owner. There is something missing from this person's experience.

Sally S.
Aug 13, 2023

I happen to have downloaded the Marriott point charts for some locations for the 2022 year. I have compared the 2024 charts to my old charts for Desert Springs Villas located in Desert Hot Springs and I see no difference. I have heard the term "points is points" which I was led to believe that it should take the same number of points for the same reservation regardless of the year. The "week" I own is worth the same points as it has always been worth. I do know that it would cost me more in points to reserve a week than my week is valued at. I have a 2024 week reserved that would take 4,725 points but my platinum week is valued at 3,475. I know that purchasing 1,000 Marriott Destination Points now costs more than it did a year or two ago, and will be less now than in the future. I have had no experience getting or giving points to or from anyone else. I do not know how that works. I too would like to know if points purchased here can be easily used. I did not like reading someone's statement that it takes $3 per point to enroll them. That would be $3,000 for 1,000 points added on top of the purchase price.

Jim G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.