Timeshare Companies

Sedona Pines (Sedona, AZ) refuses to honor a written offer to sign over membership with no fee

Jul 15, 2021

I bought at SP in 2008 and have been trying to get rid of the membership. I have a written statement/offer by Chris Bernet (Portfolio Assistant at that time) stating that I could sign over the membership to SP without paying a fee. The company (now GetAways Resorts) refuses to honor that offer. They now require a payment (extortion, in my opinion) of $1500.00. Karla Johnson (GetAways Resort Management Office) says the offer “is no longer valid”. The statement specifically says “This option is open.” For the record, I paid in full at the time of purchase so there is no debt on my part. I advise potential customers to avoid buying a membership at Sedona Pines as they cannot be trusted to honor their word. I can provide a photo of the statement to interested parties.

Stacy N.
Sep 16, 2021

I want to update my earlier statement regarding the Sedona Pines situation as of September 9, 2021. The issue has been resolved to my satisfaction and I hereby withdraw my previous complaint.

Stacy N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.