Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

MVC Points - Resale Question

Aug 09, 2021

When you buy a MVC Points Resale, I understand that Marriott charges you $3/pt to transfer the annual points plus a $300 fee. Do they also charge you $3/pt for any additional banked points? Thank you

Am R.
Aug 09, 2021

An interesting and good question. I doubt they would charge for the banked points. Please check the expiration date of the banked points.

Suggest you call Owner Services and ask them. They will either know or connect you with someone who will. Try 855 682 4862.

Den
Oct 12, 2021

I'm interested in buying resale as well. Did you find out how you get charged the Marriott fee to activate the points?

Following for answers to this post. Will welcome any feedback and tips for purchasing.

Rebecca L.
Nov 07, 2021

Those Marriott fees will be part of your closing costs. To buy 1000 resale points here on Redweek, I was charged $3095 by MVC ($3 per point + admin fee)

The points I purchased put us in the Presidential Club which extended our existing banked points by 6 months - a nice bonus.

Ken R.

Last edited by kenr295 on Nov 07, 2021 11:34 AM

Feb 14, 2022

if we buy resale points, are they our just for that year or each year after?

Lara M.
Feb 15, 2022

When you purchase a points resale, you are buying the point ownership and will receive points each year, as well as have the responsibility to pay maintenance fees.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.