Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

What happens to a timeshare rental if it is not rented?

Sep 05, 2021

I am a MVC owner looking to post my first rental on Red Week. I do not see a FAQ that addresses what happens if a timeshare rental is not rented? Does the owner lose that week/points?

Cheryll S.
Sep 05, 2021

cherylls4 wrote:
I am a MVC owner looking to post my first rental on Red Week. I do not see a FAQ that addresses what happens if a timeshare rental is not rented? Does the owner lose that week/points?

I wouldn't say the owner would lose that week (or points). The owner still owns the week. The owner would just not get any return for the maintenance fees he invested into it.

Unfortunately, that's the reality of this harsh timeshare world, especially in this day and age of Covid where travel is greatly restricted and reduced.

Lance C.
Sep 16, 2021

You may have the option to put your week in Interval International for an exchange. That at least extends the ability to use the vacation.

Karen T.
Oct 12, 2021

I'm interested in renting... I noticed many owners post for 7 days. Is it possible to message the owner and see if I could stay for a lower amount of days? Seems like it would be better than not getting any money at all for the owner.

Rebecca L.
Oct 12, 2021

Rebecca: Click on the link on the right side of the posting page that says "Questions? Get in Touch." If the posting is managed by RedWeek, no membership is needed. If the posting is managed by the owner, and you are not already a RedWeek member, then you will be prompted to upgrade your account. The 12-month membership runs just $18.99. If you are unable to arrange a transaction, just let us know within 30 days and we will be happy to fully refund your membership fee.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.