Ask RedWeek

Best timeshares in New England

Jun 03, 2023

We are a retired professional couple in our mid-70s who enjoy being warm in the sunshine although not necessarily at the beach. We will be staying in DC for a couple of weeks in May 2024 but thereafter (i June) fancy driving or flying to some highly recommended RCI-affiliated resort in New England where we can enjoy good food, a warm swimming pool, and wonderful scenery at a reasonable distance from a good supermarket. We have a stack of RCI points that we would like to blow.

Any suggestions from those in the know welcome.

In anticipation, many thanks

John

John O.
Jun 05, 2023

johno405 wrote:
We are a retired professional couple in our mid-70s who enjoy being warm in the sunshine although not necessarily at the beach. We will be staying in DC for a couple of weeks in May 2024 but thereafter (i June) fancy driving or flying to some highly recommended RCI-affiliated resort in New England where we can enjoy good food, a warm swimming pool, and wonderful scenery at a reasonable distance from a good supermarket. We have a stack of RCI points that we would like to blow.

Any suggestions from those in the know welcome.

In anticipation, many thanks

John

I will offer you a few thoughts on my two favorite timeshare properties in New England. You might also want to look into available options in / around Newport, RI, an area in which I personally have no interest at all, nor any first hand experience.

Samoset Resort in Rockport Maine would certainly fulfill all of your desired features. Early June can still have some cool weather in mid-Coast Maine (although there is both an indoor pool and an outdoor pool at Samoset). Although RCI-affiliated, I don't think that RCI points will likely be of any help to get you in there. Even "exchanging" into Samoset, although it is affiliated with both RCI and Interval International, is always difficult since demand consistently exceeds available supply there (except in very late fall, all winter, and very early Spring). I don't remember the details regarding turning RCI points into "points for deposit" on the "weeks side" of RCI, but that is something that you might want to explore further for yourself. You could also always contact the Samoset timeshare office directly to see if there are any owner rentals available for the dates you seek, but June of 2024 is still too far in the future for them to know yet about any 2024 owner rental availability. That said, I realize that a rental would not help to reduce your "stack" of RCI points.

You might also want to look further south at some of the Cape Cod timeshare properties, but I don't know which ones (if any) can accommodate "RCI points". Brewster Green in Brewster would certainly be an excellent resort choice, but I seem to recall that it is II (...not RCI) affiliated, but it may now be dual affiliated. After Memorial Day (i.e., after the end of May) demand tends to exceed available supply on Cape Cod.

This input probably doesn't help you very much, but I will cheerfully refund 100% of what you have paid me for offering it. ;-)

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 12, 2023 04:26 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.