Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

How to get rid of a timeshare you no longer want ....

Nov 26, 2010

I have been contacted by a company called, Vale professionals LLC 200 Daniel Lane Brunswick GA. They say, they will buy my Blue Green out right no up front fees. Has anybody heard of them or used them ? There seems to be so many crooks in the time share trade, one cant be to carefully

Carl C.
Nov 26, 2010

carlc85 wrote:
I have been contacted by a company called, Vale professionals LLC 200 Daniel Lane Brunswick GA. They say, they will buy my Blue Green out right no up front fees. Has anybody heard of them or used them ? There seems to be so many crooks in the time share trade, one cant be to carefully

Get them to send you a contract stating that there are no upfront fees involved and other criteria involving the transaction.

Also, be aware that they may be a PCC (post card company) that you pay $3000+ to supposedly take the timeshare off your hands.

You are smart to be wary.

R P.
Nov 26, 2010

My question is has anybody ever done business with them or know anyone that has ? I am trying to find out all I can about them, before I waste my time. Thanks everybody.

Carl C.
Nov 28, 2010

We donated our Hawaii week and a Branson MO week to our area Public TV station for their yearly auction. Turned out to be a good tax write-off.

Anne G.
Nov 28, 2010

anne968 wrote:
We donated our Hawaii week and a Branson MO week to our area Public TV station for their yearly auction. Turned out to be a good tax write-off.

Are you saying that you donated the USE of your identified weeks on a ONE TIME USE basis, or are you instead stating that the Public TV station accepted permanent OWNERSHIP (i.e., by a recorded deed transfer) of your weeks?

The difference between the two is like that between night and day since, in the first scenario, you STILL REMAIN the owner of record for any and all future maintenance fee responsibilities. Accordingly, please specifiy regarding your unclear reference.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Nov 28, 2010 02:18 PM

Dec 01, 2010

This company is registered to a mailbox drop in Georgia, but based out of Florida. One of the phone numbers they use has a Daytona Beach/Palm Coast, Florida area code. Go to the BBB and put in Vale Professionals LLC, and you will see that the Pres/CEO is Devin Kolb. Go to sunbiz.org and put this name in search under Officers/Registered Agents, and you will see that Ms. Kolb just dissolved a company called ITL Marketing LLC on 9/24/10, listing an address in Palm Coast, Florida, and another company called K.F.C. International LLC, also with the same Palm Coast, FL address. I know about this because a friend of mine paid them over $10k to have her timeshare deeded to a company in Wyoming, where I live, and I checked it out for her. The address is a mailbox drop, the company does not exist, not registered as any kind of business in the state, and they are not even listed at the mailbox drop. This is one of those postcard/exit/guaranteed relief/title transfer scams that tell you they will transfer the deed to a corporation. Don't believe them. If they don't give you a bill of sale, and don't provide proof that the deed was transferred through the County Recorder of Deeds where your resort is located, then the transfer is invalid, the transaction is deemed fraudulent, and the deed reverts back to its previous owner. These people are smart enough to pay the maintenance fees for the first year, and they even notify the resort of the transfer. The whole thing takes a year or two to unravel, and of course they are long gone with your money, you are still stuck with the timeshare, and now you are back on the hook for delinquent maintenance fees. This is the newest scam - registering in Georgia instead of Florida to make it seem more legitimate - NOT! Hold onto your timeshare and save your money for the maintenance fees - they can't even give these things away for free on CraigsList.

Anne W.
Jan 14, 2011

i was approached by brian tempelton and melvin milton.both are with vale professionals. brian used his military background,wonded three times discharged after 29 years . we display a flag on our door indicating that we have one family member serving in the military. i was blocked from going on the internet while he was setting at my table with his computer. can they do this? i was not able to run any checks on them while they were there. my husband and i are very trusting our ages are 67 and 77.we gave them 3 checks for $1000. fortuniately i awoke early and called the b

Brenda A.
Jan 14, 2011

i was approached by them also. their mail address as 200 daniel land , brunswick ga does not exist. i stopped payment an my checks and flaged them as well. they are linked to other skams

Brenda A.
Jan 14, 2011

brendaa103 wrote:
i have 3 timesshares. my husband are getting too old and in bad health to use them as much.........

Edited part of message - Forum Moderator

With all due respect, you should NOT rely upon ANY upfront fee company on Planet Earth to EVER have your best interests at heart. You may very well be a trusting soul, but these lying, thieving parasites are quite simply NOT worthy of that trust. They are opportunists who attempt to take advantage of people desperate to part with their timeshare ownership(s). They have NO other goal and NO other intent than to take your "listing" money and disappear.

I would instead respectfully suggest offering your timeshares (...for free, if necessary) in the "bargain deals" section of RedWeek and /or on Timeshare Users Group (http://www.tug2.net).

Describe the weeks in detail (in the ads, not here in the forums) and use ONLY a reputable third party closing company to handle and complete all of the ownership change details. The closing costs will be approximately $300 per deed, so you should give some thought to whether you are willing to absorb that cost as the "seller", or whether you will require the "buyer" to pay those costs themselves. Even with a "free" timeshare, you STILL need to pay a closing company to follow through and make ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that new deeds are properly prepared and duly recorded, thereby legally making you the FORMER owner forever thereafter.

Also, you should find out whether your resort(s) impose a "transfer fee" when an ownership changes. This fee can range from none at all (zero) to well over $200, depending on the resort. If the resort DOES charge a transfer fee to acknowledge an ownership change, then that too is simply an unavoidable cost and you should consider in advance who (buyer or seller?) will ultimately be responsible for that "transfer fee". Closing company charges NEVER include "resort transfer fees", so do NOT incorrectly presume that the transfer fee cost (if any) is included in a closing company's fees --- not so.

I hope some this info helps you. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by marty8084 on Jan 16, 2011 01:30 AM

Jan 14, 2011

brendaa103 wrote:
i was approached by Brian Tempelton and Melvin Milton.both are with Vale Professionals. Brian used his military background,wonded three times discharged after 29 years . We display a flag on our door indicating that we have one family member serving in the military. I was blocked from going on the internet while he was setting at my table with his computer. can they do this? I was not able to run any checks on them while they were there. My husband and I are very trusting our ages are 67 and 77.we gave them 3 checks for $1000. fortuniately I awoke early and called the b

Even though you went this far and had your meeting with Brian before doing your homework the first red flag was blocking your use of the computer. You should have walked out right then knowing there was a reason for being blocked.

Not sure of your posting if you mean Brian told you about his service of 29 years but if so this is way to much information being given to you. Only reason was maybe you let them know about your family and in the military and flag on your door and this opened the door for him to act like your best friend.It is funny how they jump on any opening to make you think they care about you or anything other than getting your money.

PHILL12

Phil L.
Jan 21, 2011

I just checked and the BBB listing gave Timeshare MLS (aka CHL Marketing at 7121 Grand National Dr., Ste. 106, Orlando, FL 32819) an "F" rating.

Laurie F.
Jan 27, 2011

Has any one heard of Island Consulting Realty - a real estate agent specilising in sale of time share? Their website is www.timesharetogo.com.

They displayed the BBB logo on their website linked to the BBB site with a A+ rating. Anyone has any experience wiht them?

Fadlun K.
Jan 27, 2011

fadlunk wrote:
.... Island Consulting Realty... a real estate agent... website is www.I.won't.provide.free.advertising.for.them.com.

They displayed the BBB logo on their website linked to the BBB site with a A+ rating.

Don't be impressed by a BBB logo. The BBB logo only means that someone has paid the BBB a membership fee to join. So what???

This entity (apparently based in Sarasota, FL) charges a minimum commission of $750.00 So, if your timeshare was sold for $99.00, you would then still OWE these folks an additional $651.00 (and you would RECEIVE absolutely nothing at all).

Mathematically, it would be better to give your timeshare away for free. If you gave it away for free and even paid all the closing costs YOURSELF, you'd still only be out $300. Your decision, your call....

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 27, 2011 05:11 PM

Mar 20, 2014

Shill alert !!

Don P.
Mar 20, 2014

Ken is your original message still valid? Want to update these posts to make sure they are as relevant as possible.

Jeffrey W.
Mar 21, 2014

jeffw355 wrote:
Ken is your original message still valid? Want to update these posts to make sure they are as relevant as possible.

I'm not Ken nor can I speak for him but the numbers that he gave three years ago are pretty much the same today except most legitimate resale brokers will now charge a minimum of $1000 commission.

Is there any particular service you are looking for regarding timeshares such as selling, renting, buying, or exchanging?

Lance C.
Aug 09, 2015

jenniferm1421 wrote:
I want to give my timeshare away, I hardly go to Las Vegas anymore...

The first rule to remember about timeshares is to never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. That is always a scam.

Since you just want to give it away, I would advertise it on reputable timeshare websites such as here in RedWeek's Bargain Bin (but not in these forums), E-Bay, Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com), or My Resort Network. Since Las Vegas timeshares generally are worth nothing, you might have to offer to pay the closing costs and, if you're dead serious about giving it away, pay the next year's maintenance fee as an incentive for a taker.

Lance C.
Aug 10, 2015

I was a timeshare owner for many years and spent a few years looking into all sorts of ways to get rid of my timeshare. We owned in Minnesota and a very large percentage of the owners were trying to sell and it was totally impossible to sell them. When I finally came across "Community Health Training, Inc." and spoke personally with them, it was a huge weight lifted from my shoulders. I recently received an email from red week.com and that is the only reason I am looking at this conversation. I donated my timeshare and wrote a couple of messages on these boards two years ago, but I have moved on and have not looked at them until today. I will try to relieve other timeshare owners of their pain and frustration by posting this one more time; now that I am FREE of my timeshare I've got better things to do then read these postings. If there is anyway you can reach me outside of this forum, I would be glad to talk to you because I have seen some really ridiculous people on these boards before and I have no doubt someone will call out "schill" about my posting. I handled the transferring of my title to them myself (saved myself a lot of money) and paid CHT $500.00 to take my timeshare off my hands. And they did. The deed is in their name and I have not heard from my owner's association or anyone else in two years. I am free and clear of my timeshare and it is such a huge relief to be done with that mess. That is the only reason I am writing this post. Because I am a Canadian I could not take advantage of the donation receipt at all, but that didn't matter to me. The main thing was I was FREE of the timeshare. CHT is totally legitimate and has been set up to provide monies to an important charity BUT to also specifically help people unload their timeshares.

Cheryl D.

Last edited by phyl21 on Aug 10, 2015 09:41 AM

Aug 10, 2015

It's a SCAM !!! They only want your upfront money. NEVER pay anyone money upfront that offers to take your timeshare. This is one of the oldest scams in the business. I'm surprised people are still falling for it. Check out where they claim their office is located and you will find out it's just a postal drop box. Once they get your money then they avoid you and wait until you go away or claim there is an additional " fee " that has to be paid. Don't fall for one of the oldest scams running.

Don P.
Aug 10, 2015

There have been a number of threads and posts in these forums about CHT. Their main guy posted in here under the screen name Dr. Ken. There were several heated debates about what CHT does and whether or not it's legal.

Cheryl D., yes I believe your story but you should also believe this regarding CHT's MO. CHT acquires ownership of unwanted timeshares (for a fee of $500) and then deliberately defaults on the maintenance fees. Dr. Ken admitted that. When the resort's Home Owners' Association (HOA) doesn't receive the maintenance fees, it has no choice but to foreclose on the unit(s). This is a very costly procedure that all the remaining owners at the resort have to bear.

You also said that this happened over two years ago. Be aware that a lot of resorts are now catching on to this scheme and are blocking transfers to certain entities among which CHT could be one. So if someone is taking your advice and trying to unload a unit via CHT, the transfer could be blocked.

As for people who are trying to unload an unwanted unit, see my previous post with some more practical suggestions. Another practical suggestion is what Don P. usually mentions. Try contacting the resort's (HOA) and ask if it will take the unit back. The HOA might require that you pay closing costs (which is also what CHT does anyway) plus perhaps the next maintenance fee. But at least it will be done in a legal and ethical way.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.