R. C. I.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: R. C. I. (by Michael N.):

gheck wrote:
Is anyone else having problems with RCI? Very slow response by E-mail or written questions. Extending magazine renewal subscriptions with out permission and so on. Does RCI still operate out of Indianapolis,In? If they do does anyone have a phone number that will get me there? It seems the last six months or so everytime you call RCI you go to Mexcio. Used to be you might go any place in the world. Thanks Geeheck

I've got nothing good to say about RCI. I've had a timeshare for over 15 years and like the other posted messages I can never get a decent trade or response. I recently sold a palm springs resort that was ranked in the middle of the pack for requests 2600 out of the 5000 + resorts available, even though it was a gold crown resort, for a top 10 resort, per a letter from RCI, and I still can't get a decent trade, I can't even get my own resort!

Have you noticed that you can't get a decent trade but you can always buy an extra week in almost any resort RCI has to offer. You make the connection.

Why do we have to pay to belong to RCI then have to pay to make an exchange. Almost $300 a year

When we bought the new timeshare they gave us 10 years advance membership in RCI. I don't use them because I don't want to go the victorville, ca (desert) or Palm Springs (desert) in the middle of the summer.

If I do use them, it's to buy a week in a place I want to go.

Find an alternative way of trading, you won't have the frustration.