Starwood Points

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Starwood Points (by Carol H.):

martinr10 wrote:
Hello, I am interested in purchasing at a Starwood resort so that I can exchange into starwood points and then into airmiles (BA or Virgin). Does anyone where the best place to buy would be to get 80,000 starwood points every year?

I know that if you trade 20,000 points to airmiles, they give you 5,000 free so this seems very good.

Thanks

I own a 2 bedroom LO at Westin Kierland. I have 148,100 Star Option points to trade within the Starwood Vacation Network. I have exchanged my Star Options for Star Points. I receive 72,000 points ($99 fee to exchange). You can also earn additional Star Points on a Starwood Preferred Guest American Express Credit Card. I have used my Star Points to stay in Starwood hotels in Europe. I have not used them for airline tickets though.

Check out this website to see Star Options for resort / villa type. Drill down to Resort Collection / Overview / Villas / Download Resort Fact Sheet. Last page of fact sheet has Star Options value. I'm not sure if the ratio of Star Options to Star Points is the same for all resorts / villas, but it gives you a starting point. http://www.starwoodvacationownership.com/index.jsp