Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Where do I find a No Up Front Broker to sell my Timeshare in Fl. (by Jay K.):

ktt2 wrote:
There is no such thing. I mean let's think it through. Why would a licensed broker take on a timeshare? I would think a licensed real estate broker would be much more interested in dealing with local real estate that sells for considerably more than the typical timeshare and therefore generates a much bigger commission. Plus, local real estate can be marketed locally by using the MLS, having an 'open house', or even a "For Sale" sign. Timeshare must me marketed to a much broader audience; a national or even a global audience. My mother is in real estate and has been for many years and we have thoroughly discussed this matter on a few occasions. The trick to successful timeshare resale is finding a good company to help you and pricing the ownership well.
I beg to differ with you. We are a local real estate company. I work for Re/Max Properties S.W. in Orlando. Two of the agents specialize in the resale of timeshare. We do not handle residential or commercial real estate because we are very busy with the timeshare resale business. We are a member of the Timeshare Exchange Multiple Listing Service which is only timeshare resales. www.tsxmls.com We do not charge upfront fees. None of the Brokers in the TSXMLS charge upfront fees. I think the money the Advertising Companies or upfront fee companies spend on advertising over shadows the fact that there are a lot of actual real estate Brokers that sell timeshare without charging an upfront fee. So the statement "there is no such thing" is wrong. I am living proof there is such a thing. I sold general real estate for 25 years. I have sold real estate by the week (timeshare) for 11 years and would never go back to general real estate. Our timeshare is advertised to a global market.