Is Anybody Here?

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Is Anybody Here? (by Bruce Z.):

tomp53 wrote:
bruce727 wrote:
Mostly checking to see if anyone would answer. Must not be very many visitors to this forum as it's been silent for some time. That question has now been answered...

We bought 105K deeded pts. in '05 from the resort and stayed there last Summer. Convenient location and nice units but seems to be slightly low in amenities.

We're not savvy to the points program yet. We lost our bonus points from the initial purchase, thinking they would carry over to the next use year. We could've stayed longer or in a larger unit.

Much to learn.

fairfield/wyndham capitalizes on owners that don't know the rules, of which there are many. my suggestion is to thoroughly read the book, and if necessary, call owner relations and ask questions. also be careful about transferring into rci or whatever exchange vehicle that you may have. find out the rules because it can be expensive and disapointing.

Speaking of expensive, they're (Wyndham) now wanting another $140 closing cost to "release our deed". I can't find that hidden payment anywhere in our copy of the contract. We put the entire balance of the purchase on a newly opened RCI Mastercard on the day of purchase. (ANOTHER MAJOR MISTAKE)

So far they've sent four letters w/ payment envelopes. I need to call to find out what they're trying to pull. I'm of the opinion they've squeezed enough from our turnip already, but I'm sure they've got us!