Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Where do I find a No Up Front Broker to sell my Timeshare in Fl. (by Jay K.):

kekouri wrote:
I know and respect Judi & her company. (I mean the company she works for).

Someone needs to really check the first post, and see what king wrote. He wants someone to sell it for what HE thinks is a 'market' price.

And it's a Marriott? Marriott will buy back any week...but at Marriotts price...not what you would like. It might simply be a give back for free...I heard this at a HOA meeting..."we will take back any week'. (So much for T/Ss increasing in value.

I don't know why Redweek isn't being tried...or even e bay? Myresortnetwork might also be good. If anything, those sites will at least give you a pricing idea (for selling or buying)

And....from what I have learned from reading regs posted on other TS sites, no broker in Florida.....none...can charge an up front fee to sell a T/S. But, advertising companies can do what they want. So, if a Florida company wants an upfront fee...see if they are a Realtor. If so...report them.

The problem with Florida and Brokers not charging upfront fees is the Advertising Companies that charge an upfront fee and then own a real estate company that is the front for the advertising company. So if you call the real estate company they basically tell you they don't take listings but they do sell xyz's units that are advertised. If they are a Realtor they can be reported and dealt with. If they are a real estate company that is not a member of the Board of Realtors it is very difficult to deal with them. The DBPR is not aggressive with the timeshare situation. If I do something illegal or unethical I can be kicked out of the board and lose my license. If a non member of the Realtor Association does something not much happens to them. They can actually report me but I have no one to report them to. So when you are dealing with a Broker make sure he is a member of the National Association of Realtors. There are enough Broker Realtors selling timeshare that the upfront fee scam should be over