Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Recent Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta purchase at resort ? Anybody have some good/bad things to say about Mayan Palaces ?? (by Sheila G.):

I called reservations to verify the package we purchased in May of this yr., to make sure I wasn't incorrect. We purchased 2 regular weeks (2 bedroom unit) @ Mayan Palace, Nuevo Vallarta & rec'd 2 Vacation Fair wks. along with 2 bonus weeks at any of the Sea Gardens. All of the above cannot be used during X-Mas, New Years, Easter & Holy weeks. We signed a Maint. Fee Waiver stating that we do not have to pay maint. fees if we do not use the weeks. That pertains to all 6 weeks (purchased weeks & bonus wks). That is the only reason why we purchased @ Mayan Palace, because we wanted to get out of required maint. fee's at a couple of our other resorts. We pay the maint. fee's on whatever we use, studio, 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom & we pay only the Sea Garden's maint. fee if we use one of those resorts.

The only thing that was not presented to us was the 1/2 price maint fees for 75 yrs old & free maint. fees for 77 yrs old & up, that's a nice deal !!

I originally just wanted to know if anybody else recently had purchased into the program we did. It sounds like it's a new program & probably new because of the complaints Mayan Palace were receiving & to also get more sales. I'm sure the later is the main reason of the Maint. Fee Waiver program.

Sounds like everyone that owns at a Mayan Palace loves it. I can't wait to use it in the coming years & it has given us the flexability regarding the maint. fee's & also given us other locations within the other Mayan Palaces as well. When I need a break from Mexico, we still have our week in Grand Cayman !!!