Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Redweek As Escrow Agent (by KC):

alana85 wrote:
Will Redweek serve as just the escrow agent in a sale if the seller and buyer have already agreed on how to handle all other transfer costs and documents? All it would have to do is wait until it had received all fully signed transfer documents (deed, purchase and sale agreement) from the seller and the purchase price from the buyer and then exchange those. If it would, what would the fee for that be?

To be clear right up front, I have no affiliation with LT Transfers (located in Geogia) other than as a satisfied customer in multiple timeshare transactions over the years as both buyer and seller. That being clearly stated, be advised that LT Transfers can handle all deed preparation and deed recording work and escrow of funds for resale timeshare transactions. Total costs were under $300 the last time I used them. Escrow of funds costs an additional $100, if I recall correctly. LTT is a small business, highly competent, well experienced and very reliable. I believe that they will handle escrow of funds even if they are not handling the associated deed transfer work.

However, I understand that LT Transfers has recently decided not to handle any more Wyndham resale transactions going forward. Wyndham has apparently made Wyndham ownership transfers very difficult, expensive and time consuming. I don’t know any further details about LTT declining to handle any future Wyndham transfers.