Marriott System

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott System (by Charles G.):

ericf55 wrote:
I can not confirm the rumors. I do not have any knowledge about what changes, if any, will be made to the MVC to MVC internal exchange priority system. My guess is that Marriott will continue the long-term relationship of using Interval Intl. for all exchanges.

I do know that resale buyers will continue to pay for Marriott hotel and airfare trips with cash or MR points obtained in other ways, instead of converting their villa(s) to MR points.

Eric

Eric, I believe that you are right on the money! I believe the only difference for people purchasing directly through Marriott is they have the Marriott Reward Point Program, allowing owners to convert (trade) their weeks for points, plus the promotions at point of sale.

On the other hand, I can't foresee Marriott changing the priority exchange system to favor owners who purchased directly with Marriott, which would discriminate against owners who purchased on the resale market. I believe that there may be legal issues if they attempt do to so, which may account for one of the reasons that they have never done so in the past. Besides, this is usually a tactic that Marriott sales representatives have been saying for years to discourage people from considering purchasing on the resale market.