Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Think twice... (by KC):

maryellent5 states: >> I just talked to a rep at II and was told that for $39 the name on the reservation can be changed. So what would stop me from renting out that unit?<< =============================================

Well, one thing that MIGHT stop you from renting out an exchange (in clear and obvious violation of exchange company terms of service) is the knowledge that, if discovered later as a clearly prohibited rental of an exchange, your "renter" could be turned away at check-in and left with no place to stay (and maybe later also file a lawsuit against you for incurred financial losses and other associated hardships). Additionally, your exchange company membership could be cancelled outright. Is any of that a risk which you are really willing to take?

What the II rep told you is correct, BUT --- what that rep told you also assumed that NO other "money for profit" would be involved while obtaining a guest certificate for someone else to use your exchange. What the rep told you applies ONLY to GIVING (i.e., for FREE) the week to a friend, family member, relative, etc. It does NOT apply to RENTING OUT an exchange for your personal profit, a practice clearly and specifically prohibited by the written terms and conditions of exchange company membership (equally true for both RCI and Interval International, by the way).