Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Global Vacation system (by Mike N.):

dane1 wrote:
anns213 wrote:
i just got another phone call from this company James Stevenson Worldwide Consolidators LTD 15150 Preston Rd Dallas, TX 75248 Tel: 1-888-961-5558 Fax: 214-853-4629 they are basically asking for the same thing Global was asking for. We originally bought through royal holiday. Has anyone heard of this company or has experience with them.

I have been contacted by James Stevenson from Worldwide Consolidators LTD with an offer to buy my timeshare. I wanted to follow up since the original posting to see if anyone has dealt with them and if they had any feedback. Thanks!

Did they offer to BUY your timeshare or say they have an OFFER for your timeshare? Did they claim they have a buyer for your TS?

Some companies will offer to take your TS off your hands after you pay them a few thousand dollars. They do not actually buy the TS, but instead have you sign a Power of Attorney so in the event they can try to sell the TS for $1 on eBay. If the TS does not sell, you still own it and are responsible for all MFs and assessments. If the TS is eventually sold, then the deed will eventually be transferred, but proceed with extreme caution.

Other companies will claim they have a buyer ready and waiting for your TS, but they need a few thousand dollars from you to "get started". They will immediately charge your credit card and may send you a contract, but the contract is not a sales contract, but a contract to advertise (why would they have to advertise if they have a buyer waiting). After you pay, the buyer and your money miraculously disappear.

This is outright fraud.