Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Attn: Grand Solmar Building E penthouse owners!!! (by Donna W.):

Hi Lois,

I didn't stay at Solmar during my trip - I stayed at Playa Grande. My hotel unit was traded, so I no longer have a unit at Solmar (until the new buildings are completed). There are a lot of people who are VERY VERY unhappy with the changes. Some have adjusted to the idea of the new resort, and some are still heartbroken over it. Everyone's feelings and opinions are valid - there is no right or wrong way to feel.

If I had stayed at Solmar during my trip, it would have been depressing to look out at the construction going on and no doubt I would have been nostalgic for the older units that were torn out and the quiet ambience of the resort. It is a shame, it really is, but the Bulnes family decided to make the change and we cannot do anything about it. I really did go through the stages of "grieving" for my old Solmar hotel unit before finally coming to accept the new one that is being built. I'm trying to make the best of the situation given that my hotel unit went to "hotel unit heaven". :)

Building E (where my two new units are located) wasn't built up enough to even take photos of it, but Buildings G, H & I are pretty far along. If my unit were in building I, I'd have some serious concerns about the proximity to the waves/ocean. They practically came right up to the building! Also, the corners of building's G & H are really, REALLY close together. People with units in the left-hand corner of Building H are going to either be looking at a row of balconies in Building G, or perhaps the back of building G (depending upon which side of building G the balconies are built). Also, if you're on the right-hand side of Buidling H and have a wrap-around balcony, part of your balcony will be looking directly at the side of Building I. Makes me happy my units are in Building E, but who knows what I'll discover about that building once it goes up. No doubt there will be issues there as well. Sigh....

For what it's worth, here's a link to the pix I took of the ongoing construction:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=swissyrescue&target=ALBUM&id=5414559180423704081&authkey=Gv1sRgCOqwqJ7I9LO3Zg&feat=email