Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Resorts Condo Management of Florida or Texas (by Karen B.):

My brother asked for my advice before he accepted an offer from Resort Condos Management to sell his exchange condo to an interested buyer. They were asking for around $2,000 up front for a sale amount that was more than the original purchase price.

First I checked the Better Business Bureau. As of today, Resorts Condos Management has a rating of “F”, the BBB’s lowest rating. The BBB has received 29 complaints regarding misrepresentation of the availability of potential buyers, and dissatisfaction with the company's performance. Next I checked on-line. Reports from customers across the country describe a call out of nowhere with an offer from Resort Condos Management to buy their exchange condo. Resort Condos Management claims to have a prospective buyer, but it requires an up-front deposit to process the paperwork, and there is also a fixed time frame to send in money, such as 48 hours. My advice to my brother? Never send money or provide your credit card / debit card numbers to a ANY company before seeing the terms of your agreement in writing. Even if a company asks for a credit card number for a “verification process” or “to pay a title company”, NEVER give access to your credit card before reading and accepting the terms of your agreement. If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.