Grupo Mayan

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Grupo Mayan (by Ian M.):

About a week ago (mid-March 2010), my ex-gf and her family went to Cancun to vacation at Grand Mayan. Since my ex is a close friend of mine, and I know her family well, I joined them at Cancun for the first 3 days of their one-week vacation. The day I was returning to the states, they went to another timeshare presentation at GM, and, despite my pleas, after pleas, after pleas, she BOUGHT an upgrade to "Grand Luxe" for $20,000! My ex and her family are from a very small town in the Midwest, and they are "trusting" people. My ex-gf is also a self-acknowledged "superficial" person and loves luxuries whether or not she can afford them (hence, she is my ex). The thing that upsets me the most is that during that cooling-off period of 5 days, the salesman took her and her family out to dinner, and her to a nightclub and had a one-night stand!!!! Yes, I'm jealous because she is still going on and on about how cute that salesman is, and how that salesman is going to come to the U.S. to see her again, blah, blah, blah. But, man, do they not have business ethics? It is apparent to me she got shafted both ways, and does not even realize it! The salesman fed her all kinds of lies, both personal and professional, like he was an army commando in his native country, speaks four languages, has real estate businesses in the states; and that he does not work on commissions, 92% of the people who attend the timeshare presentations sign the contracts; she and her family will save money by not paying maintenance fees for Grand Mayan! How about maintenance fees for Grand Luxe??? My ex believes every one of those lies. But she IS happy. Happier than ever when she was with me. :-(