Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

La Jolla Boutique Mazatlan. (by Time S.):

This year for my annual vacation, my boyfriend and I went to Mazatlan, Mexico. While there, time share people invited us to free breakfasts, drinks, and $300 gift to attend a presentation.

Although we are cautious with our money, La Jolla Mazatlan Resort managed to get $26,000 from us with promises that they would buy the current time share we had + buy from us any unused times at their resort for 3,500/week. Since the promises were too good, I asked lots of questions for which they had – what I thought at the time -- good answers.

Mexico, and particularly La Jolla Boutique Resort in Mazatlan, as I have read, has swindled many Americans and Canadians out of their savings. These people know that the cost to litigate one deal at a time is cost prohibitive for many, so they lie and cheat each one of us independently, and repeatedly, over and over.

The La Jolla people, (their VP of Sales, Alfredo Marq; Sales Manager, Efrain Morales; their counterpart in the USA representing SWAP Global Vacation, Cameron Moretti, and their customer service representatives Alfonso Vasquez and Francisco Kelly) were all fluent in English, two of them were American Citizens familiar with contract law, the banking system, property deeds, and taxes on capital gains – they offer to buy a time share we already had and were so astute in describing the deal, I eat it all up.

After five months of trying to get a hold of them through e-mails and phone calls that have gone unanswered, I have given up on the money, the vacation, everything. I still get mad at times (at me mostly).

When I first came aware of what was happening I did not want to believe it; after it settled in, I went from deeply depressed and mad, to feeling embarrassed and powerless.

I am getting over all these feelings; I know there is nothing I can do to recover the money we lost, but I have the power, and obligation, to alert others of what happened to me, in hopes that they avoid giving their savings to a bunch of La Jolla crooks.

Since I wrote this, I have learned that the sales people (VPs, Managers, Customer Service, and others), change their name and their e-mails regularly to avoid being identified as guilty parties on internet postings.

Because this is a Mexico case, the only way we can get a class action law suit is by advising the people who felt pray to this, to file a complaint with the Attorney General in their home state. If enough complaints are made from different states, this then becomes a Federal Case against La Jolla Mazatlan, and a class action suit is possible. I think writing about everywhere, is a good start.

http://lajollatimesharescam.blogspot.com/

See this blog, these people are fearless.