Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Has anyone dealt with SkyLine Vacation Club? (by Summer L.):

SLVC is a Canadian company based around our home town... they own horseshoe valley and deer hurst resort. As well as some nice toronto hotels... they are also affiliates with RCI ... they are based on the RCI points systems. They are offering us 3 free rci weeks vacations and 7500 RCi points for the base points membership at 10k. i think the maintenance was 80$ every quarter... and that will get us 2500 points a year, which he claimed will equal to one last call vacation.... we ended up purchasing this 1500 2 year trial membership so that we could think about it as we were also offered a free 1 week vacation and 12500 points to be used in any of the 4 hotels in ontario.... my issue is that my parents have rci and can never book what they want to book... plus all the nice resorts have ridiculous fees for mandatory all inclusive.... the guy is claiming that because my parents own a timeshare in orlando there buying power is more limited then to what our buying power would be because we are based in toronto.... and because we would have more buying power more resorts will be available to us... this i dont really believe...