Timeshare Companies

Has anyone dealt with SkyLine Vacation Club?

Feb 03, 2014

I am interested to see information and opinions on skyline vacation clubs... thank you !

Summer L.
Feb 04, 2014

This is evidently a new venture as they don't even have their website up and running yet = too early yet to review:

http://www.skylinevacationclub.com/

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Feb 04, 2014 09:01 AM

Feb 04, 2014

summerl9 wrote:
I am interested to see information and opinions on skyline vacation clubs... thank you !

I can't say I've ever heard of them but vacation clubs usually are not worth the paper they're written on.

How did you find out about SLVC? Did they phone you unexpectedly? Did you attend one of their presentations like a timeshare sales presentation?

What are they offering you?

What are you hoping to get by joining? Discount travel products, etc.?

Lance C.
Feb 05, 2014

SLVC is a Canadian company based around our home town... they own horseshoe valley and deer hurst resort. As well as some nice toronto hotels... they are also affiliates with RCI ... they are based on the RCI points systems. They are offering us 3 free rci weeks vacations and 7500 RCi points for the base points membership at 10k. i think the maintenance was 80$ every quarter... and that will get us 2500 points a year, which he claimed will equal to one last call vacation.... we ended up purchasing this 1500 2 year trial membership so that we could think about it as we were also offered a free 1 week vacation and 12500 points to be used in any of the 4 hotels in ontario.... my issue is that my parents have rci and can never book what they want to book... plus all the nice resorts have ridiculous fees for mandatory all inclusive.... the guy is claiming that because my parents own a timeshare in orlando there buying power is more limited then to what our buying power would be because we are based in toronto.... and because we would have more buying power more resorts will be available to us... this i dont really believe...

Summer L.
Feb 05, 2014

Have you contacted the real RCI to make sure this company is legit. Go to RCI's web page (rci.com) and look for contact information under Contact Us. Explain everything about this company. A lot of travel clubs are claiming they are part of RCI, approved by RCI, or one of RCI's preferred third-party partners. Keep in mind that many of these claims are not true.

Many of these free RCI weeks are also available as Last Call to RCI members.

Think very long and hard about plopping down $10,000 for some travel club that basically gives you discounts on travel products that you can find for free elsewhere.

Lance C.
Feb 05, 2014

The number one rule is that when a timeshare or vacation club salesman's lips are moving he is lying. They will tell you anything to get you to buy their over priced product. Once you sign on the dotted line you are stuck with something for life. The maintenace fees and assessments keep going up way beyond infalation and just try unloading it somewhere down the road.

Scammers will prey upon you years from now claiming they can take your timesahre out of your name for thousands of dollars in upfront fees. That's because there is absolutely no market for your points.

If you do decide to buy into their sales pitch at least we tried to warn you. Listen to others that have no interest in making a profit from you. We are just giving you our personal advice and hope you decide wisely.

Don P.
Feb 05, 2014

summerl9 wrote:
SLVC is a Canadian company based around our home town... they own horseshoe valley and deer hurst resort. As well as some nice toronto hotels... they are also affiliates with RCI ... they are based on the RCI points systems. They are offering us 3 free rci weeks vacations and 7500 RCi points for the base points membership at 10k. i think the maintenance was 80$ every quarter... and that will get us 2500 points a year, which he claimed will equal to one last call vacation.... we ended up purchasing this 1500 2 year trial membership so that we could think about it as we were also offered a free 1 week vacation and 12500 points to be used in any of the 4 hotels in ontario.... my issue is that my parents have rci and can never book what they want to book... plus all the nice resorts have ridiculous fees for mandatory all inclusive.... the guy is claiming that because my parents own a timeshare in orlando there buying power is more limited then to what our buying power would be because we are based in toronto.... and because we would have more buying power more resorts will be available to us... this i dont really believe...

You say you have purchased a 2 year trial membership .... if so then play with it to see what you might get with the points allocated to you.

R P.
May 08, 2014

Hi, did you end up buying the timeshare from Skyline?

Jordan S.
May 08, 2014

Hi, No we never locked our selves in, we are doing the 2 year trial membership. Will be staying at the pantages in toronto next week to see what we receive as members.

Summer L.
Aug 30, 2014

We are doing the trial as well though have not booked anything yet. Have you booked at Deerhurst this summer? Just wondering how hard it is to book in terms of availability throughout the summer-are most of the rooms saved for open full price rentals vs. our membership rentals? We thought this "trial" package was a good option for us as we're simply looking for a discount on rooms- if we're going to book the same hotel over and over throughout the summer I would like a better price for being a loyal returning customer. We're not interested in their 25 or 50 year membership program with RCI as I googled RCI and read nothing but very bad reviews.

Michelle S.
Dec 12, 2014

I'm also one of the victim bitten by these snakes. They've worst possible customer service people sitting. They promise you something at the presentation but after you sign it they don't provide you any customer service. I also thought they're offering a great deal but once they gave me the book and I started looking into the details. They are really costly. I did the calculation. They've 4 properties in Ontario. Except one all of them are coming under "High season" throughout the year and weekend rate for these properties will cost you $375/night. So if I want to stay in any of their property it'll cost me $375/night. I think it's crazy expensive. Why would I spend $375/night in downtown torontoin some no name hotel when I get a way way cheaper price to stay in better hotel. I can stay in Fairmont for $375 without even any deal. That's Fairmont regular price. My advise to everyone who's researching Skyline please save your time and money and don't fall into the trap.

Uncle J.

Last edited by phyl21 on Dec 13, 2014 11:35 AM

Dec 13, 2014

unclej2 wrote:
I'm also one of the victim bitten by these snakes. They've worst possible customer service people sitting. They promise you something at the presentation but after you sign it they don't provide you any customer service. I also thought they're offering a great deal but once they gave me the book and I started looking into the details. They are really costly. I did the calculation. They've 4 properties in Ontario. Except one all of them are coming under "High season" throughout the year and weekend rate for these properties will cost you $375/night. So if I want to stay in any of their property it'll cost me $375/night. I think it's crazy expensive. Why would I spend $375/night in downtown torontoin some no name hotel when I get a way way cheaper price to stay in better hotel. Damn, I can stay in Fairmont for $375 without even any deal. That's Fairmont regular price. My advise to everyone who's researching Skyline please save your time and money and don't fall into the trap.

If you buy into one of these vacation clubs after a sales presentation, you might legally have a chance to rescind within a stipulated number of days. Check your contract very carefully for rescission instructions and if you are still within the rescission period.

You explained admirably why these vacation clubs are rarely worth the paper they are written on. Whatever discounts they offer are usually available elsewhere for free.

Lance C.
Feb 01, 2015

Use your parents as an example. They lie just to suck you in. Villa Del Palmar in Cancun is beautiful but the salespeople lie and then treat you like crap if you don't buy on the spot!

Liz O.
Feb 01, 2015

AMEN!

Liz O.
Jun 04, 2015

Hi folks... I'd like to say I'm not an employee of Skyline Vacation Club or anything of the sort. I just saw some bashing of Skyline Vacation Club and figured I had to set up an account just to comment. I know there are companies waiting to grab your hard-earned money but we had a positive experience with Skyline.

Us alongwith another family went for a cottage trip last year and had a terrible experience, the property was good and all but the water in the cottage ran out and that was the last thread for us... we decided to go to the Deerhurst Resort even though it was $550 a night for a 2 bedroom condo, as we checked in we saw that we could potentially get back $275 for each family if we attended the 'presentation' (for timeshare we assumed). Of course, we jumped at the offer to make up on some of that last minute full price.

We sat through a presentation and ended up buying a 50 year membership, of course while being worried about how we've potentially sunk around $35K of our hard-earned money. During the presentation though I did recall that I saw an Undercover Boss Canada episode featuring the top-shot of Skyline so I had a good feeling about the money we were about to drop on this.

All said and done, this was last summer and here we are... - Skyline Vacation Club members enjoy PLATINUM RCI Membership - Skyline Vacation Club members enjoy 5 years of FREE stuff while staying at any one of their properties like the Adventure Park (including zipline), Golfing at Horseshoe and Deerhurst Resorts (just pay cart fees), SKIING, and a whole whack of water park activities - 15% or more Discounts on everything at any Skyline property

We've already been to Myrtle Beach over March Break this year, stayed at the Pantages a few times last year and this year. Been to the horseshoe resort over Christmas and gotten ourselves into Skiing. Been to the Horseshoe resort this March break (2 nights would've been $875), and enjoyed a free round of golf. We still have 4 more week-long RCI certificates left and thousands of points for use over the next couple of years.

All in all, I'd like to say that not all timeshare companies/ vacation clubs are a scam. Of course, when it comes to timeshare, RCI, etc., time is key and of essence. You have to understand that you have the privilege of booking upto 14 months in advance (as Skyline members are on the top tier of membership), the others only have 12, 10, 8 months to book ahead. Just get into the habit of planning your vacations as soon as possible to maximize the number of resort choices available to you.

So far, both families are enjoying the benefits of the Skyline Vacation Club membership.

Robin N.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jun 04, 2015 01:35 PM

Jun 04, 2015

Shill alert !! Read all the negative comments about theses fly by night vacation clubs before parting with your hard earned money. They promise you the world and then you wake up to realize it was all a pack of lies just to get your money.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jun 04, 2015 11:01 AM

Jun 04, 2015

$375 a night is for a 2 bedroom suite... I'd be really surprised to see if you can find something comparable for that much.

I've stayed at the Pantages 2 bedroom suite as a Skyline member and enjoyed it. The kids had their own room, close to the main bathroom we had our own room with an ensuite, there is a common living area with a TV and a full kitchen. Absolutely nothing wrong with the suite as it was very modern and upgraded.

I would definitely go and stay there again!

Robin N.
Jun 04, 2015

You can call me a shill donp... I don't really care but I thought I should shed some light on the situation as it affected me, and unfortunately for you, my experience has been better than yours.

I don't need to prove anything to you or others that might think I'm a shill but at the end of the day it doesn't matter what you decide to do... I spent my money, you have to see how you spend yours...

Let's not indulge in name-calling.

Robin N.
Jun 04, 2015

This guy is full of bull. He either has an interest in the company or works for them on commission. Don't fall for his pack of lies. Do your homework. First ask for a physical address of the company. If they refuse to give you a location of an office that you can walk into and talk to someone then they are a scam operation. Check them out thoroughly for yourself. Also check out the owners info to see how many other scam companies he's been involved with. Just read his posts it's an obvious advertisement for this company disguised as a satisfied company. That's how stupid he thinks people are.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jun 04, 2015 11:15 AM

Jun 04, 2015

They have a physical address...

Skyline Hotels and Resorts 90 Eglinton Avenue East Suite 800 Toronto, M4P 2Y3

Right on their website.

Robin N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.