Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Looking to Rid Myself of Diamond Resorts (by C S.):

Good Luck on ridding yourself of DRI! They are almost impossible to get DRI to agree to taking your points back. You usually have to prove a hardship for them to agree. (And then, it still is on a case by case basis)! I did research!

Loss Mitigation Department takes care of the rescinding of your "contract". You also cannot rent out your points for profit, even if it is just to pay your yearly fees.

That department is is very backed up on taking back contracts. They also have requirements beside the hardship proof. 1) Must be current on your maintenance fees. 2) You have NOT used the current years point allotment. 3) If there were any special assessments like the Hawaii Collection had, that also must be paid in full! 4) When they finally get to your paperwork to take back your "contract", which could be several months, they will mail you the papers to sign and you must get notarized and return mail the documents back to them in 15 days. 5) You will also be required to send them $250.00 per "contract" along with the notarized documents.

Your best bet is to get ahold of the documents needed to transfer your "contract"/points, (which I heard is hard to get the form, and takes awhile), so you can have your papers ready to go ASAP, and sell (giveaway) your points on eBay, Tug, RedWeek, etc. and offer to pay the $250.00 transfer fee for the buyer. DRI also has right of first refusal on your points.

If you have used some of your points already this year, and are paid up in fees, make that very clear in your ad, including your yearly MF. Or you can carry over any points ASAP to the next year, pay next years fee, and offer to pay the $250.00 just to make the deal more attractive. Do not expect to make any money on this!

The buyer will not get any perks you may have, like The Club, etc., and will be strictly enforced to use the points only in the "Collection" the points are associated with...it's up to the new buyer to "clean up" the now "dirty" points if they want to use the points in another Collection, which means they will have to buy Retail Points from DRI, even if they already own retail points. That means it could eventually cost the new owner many thousands of dollars to be able to use them fully throughout the world.

Check out Diamond Resorts Members group on FB and ask to join. This is a private group that is mostly currently from the EU Collection, but growing quickly. They try to help each member get the most use out of their membership, but there is a file you can access once you are accepted into the closed group, that you can put your points up for sale or message owners that may be looking for some points in a certain collection you may have!

Good Luck, and I hope you choose which method may be the best for you!