Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies (by Dee W.):

I'm glad to see many of you came to a good resolution when it came to your issues with this company! I so wish I had done more research before falling into the trap! I will say, as a timeshare owner, I enjoyed my stay at the Grand Mayan resort in PV and had all intentions of staying again until I was not only duped out of an entire day of timeshare badgering, a few thousand dollars for a stupid vacation package scam! After a tiring 6 hour day of presentation and offer and offer, the only way to get released was to finalize my day with a few more questions on how my day had been and to apologize if the presenter became rude when I said no for the final time. At that time, once he gained my compassion, I was presented one last opportunity to get in on a foreclosure deal-at such a great price and they were throwing in all 5 years worth of weeks upfront for me to use at any time, who could turn this down? With this "vacation package", ( I later found out that's what it was!) I and my 3 other guests were told that we could merely scour Expedia, find a 4 star hotel we wanted to stay, call the concierge and for just my week and $399 it was guaranteed!! Not the case at all! After I got home and started reading the reviews, and none were positive, so I called myself. Everything was a lie-they took my money and others and nobody is benefitting from the package. The resort you "buy into" never has rooms available for the time you want to go, the weeks they give you have to be booked no more than 90 days out and the "unlimited hotels and resorts" is a bunch of bull!! You must choose from a very small list of resorts they have on hand. I will NEVER vacation at a VIDA resort again-they are a bunch of crooks who prey on good people!